Fastest Bronco next year

craig88 said:
Burg said:
Michaels is a joke, possibly one of the worst wingers I have seen, give me Robinson any day. Too small, no strenght no hope. I would put him down as the top bottom 3 wingers in the comp.

Mate, You mark my words, If Michaels stays injury free he will be something big. He will be a representative player. You will be eating these words 'bottom 3 wingers in the comp'

Yeah definitely. I think Michaels is quality.

He's a great finisher (better than Boyd, although Boyd has improved a fair bit in this regard since Michaels left the team), is great one on one in defence and is also very tough for his size. I remember him bundling Utai into touch a few years back for instance.

I just hope the knee reco hasn't affected his confidence or performance too much. [icon_thumbs_do

Michaels is definitely better than Boyd IMO, but as much as I've bagged Kemp in the past, I think he is or at least will be better than both soon. :(

Russo said:
Yow Yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Can anyone who saw u-20s this year tell me if he's fast, has good acceleration?

Kemp is unbelievable. To think he has only been playing League for a few years as well. He is unbelievably strong for a little bloke, he is never put on his back, even when 3 or 4 players are tackling him, which shows huge amounts of strength. Great agility & Speed. Only going to get better.

IMO Boyd has been strong the back end of the season, but to me he doesn't provide any zest. He may be earmarked as the quickest bronco over 40, but he does not show that during games. Anytime Kemp gets the ball you are excited to see what hes going to do, anytime Boyd gets the ball you watch him in slow mo. I believe Kemp has been just as safe under the high ball as Boyd also.

This being said, I believe Kemp will be a bigger loss than Boyd.

Kemp is the best winger in the game, should be picked in the AUSSIE squad, although we all know it wont happen.

Pfft.
Couldnt even make the sydney sun herald team of the year by statistics.
Opted for Jason Nightingale instead.

It would be Michaels, Yow Yeh or Izzy. My money is on Yow Yeh though. If Hoffman gets a run in first grade he could be in the top 3 or 4 in club too

Robinson is without a doubt the fastest Broncos player next season.

craig88 said:
Kemp is unbelievable. To think he has only been playing League for a few years as well. He is unbelievably strong for a little bloke, he is never put on his back, even when 3 or 4 players are tackling him, which shows huge amounts of strength. Great agility & Speed. Only going to get better.

IMO Boyd has been strong the back end of the season, but to me he doesn't provide any zest. He may be earmarked as the quickest bronco over 40, but he does not show that during games. Anytime Kemp gets the ball you are excited to see what hes going to do, anytime Boyd gets the ball you watch him in slow mo. I believe Kemp has been just as safe under the high ball as Boyd also.

This being said, I believe Kemp will be a bigger loss than Boyd.

Agree 100%, Kemp is a huge loss.
I actually can not recall Kemp ever dropping a high ball. (probably has though)

I am not a Boyd fan and also feel like you are watching him in slow mo. He has no tackle bust ability and only scores tries when we have an overlap and he just falls on the line. SOO is a perfect example. Playing outside Inglis made him look good.

I am a huge fan of Michaels and am really looking forward to seeing him in action again next year.

With regards to the fastest player next year, i would have to go with Michaels as i have not seen much of the U20's. I dont think Izzy is overly quick but i dont watch too many of his games so i may be wrong. Hodges has good acceleration but would get run down by most players.
What about K Hunt, he seems to have a bit of speed.

Burg said:
SimplyBronco said:
I have a feeling Sims is the next Perry here at BHQ.

Nope Perry won a Premiership, Simms lost one. Big difference.

Scuse the language but Burg, you are a fucking wanker. end of story.

Prince Langer said:

Hehe, poorly worded given the "story" today :P

He's a bit like Hodgo. He's got good acceleration but he'd get run down by most people over 40+ metres.

Michaels was fast...depends how he recovers from his knee injury. That often takes a yard of pace off, at least for a year or so.

Coxy said:
Prince Langer said:

Hehe, poorly worded given the "story" today :P

He's a bit like Hodgo. He's got good acceleration but he'd get run down by most people over 40+ metres.

Michaels was fast...depends how he recovers from his knee injury. That often takes a yard of pace off, at least for a year or so.

Hunt is definitely a lot slower then Hodges, Hodges is deceptively quick, once he gets going, he looks like he's jogging but has huge strides, not many can catch him once he gets going.

Izzy is realy slow! i cant quite remember what game it was but i remember he go in some space down the sideline and he got run down by 2 people that arent very fast ither.(cant remember who lol).
Michaels would probly be our fastest if he can regather his speed after this injury.
Looking forward to a bit more of this from Michaels next year -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP9_nWfbPSE
Michaels shows blistering speed in that try.

But without a doubt if Izzy, Hodges or Yow Yeh get in space they will have the power and palm to make it as Michaels would use pure speed.

Hmmm IMO probably Michaels... Or one of the U20's. Folau isn't overly fast i don't think.

I'm hoping to see a boom rookie winger come through next season and become top try scorer and fill the void left by Kemp!

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  • broncs30
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.