Favourite athlete

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Translation: Yes Flutterby you do win and I am sorry I even tried to win an argument against you, you'd think I'd know better by now :mrgreen:

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I love middle distance running for the drama that can unfold in the big finals so mine would come down to El Guerrouj, Morcelli, Bekele and Gebrselassie. They don't have the bravado or arrongance of the sprinters and they all genuinely seem like gentlemen I also like the fact it is a sport where drugs are more likely to hamper than improve performance. Gebrselassie gets it for me because he would have probably won a race between the 4 of them over the middle distance of 5000m when they were in their prime.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Not one particular person, but i admire all those who can manage to finish Le Tour De France (cleanly).

It is possibly the most grueling sport event in the world, insanely challenging.

Some of the mountains they climb are crazily steep, and they back it up day after day for almost a month.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Michael Milton. Has competed in the Winter Paralympics, set world records, beat cancer and is now on his way to the Summer Paralympics.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
briareos said:
Michael Milton. Has competed in the Winter Paralympics, set world records, beat cancer and is now on his way to the Summer Paralympics.

Didn't he fail to qualify for the summer paralympics?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
And he climbed Kilimanjaro, like all legends have! :P

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
or hopped (and on a side note, used to be a bit of a tosser, but seems to be getting better - I have a lot more time for him now than I did a few years back)

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Mine has to be Stefan Edberg. Always carried himself well, very much a nice guy and I loved the way he played tennis. In a time when a lot of players were coming into the game with massive serves, he never relied on that to win and always played tennis with a lot of finesse and skill.

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
Emma said:
Mine has to be Stefan Edberg. Always carried himself well, very much a nice guy and I loved the way he played tennis. In a time when a lot of players were coming into the game with massive serves, he never relied on that to win and always played tennis with a lot of finesse and skill.

icon_thumbs_u Absolute top choice. Still my favourite all time tennis player. If more were like him these days might watch more of it.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I used to have a poster of him signed - a guy my mum worked with at the time used to take care of some of the European players such as him, Lendl, Steffi Graf and would stay with them to ensure they were taken care of and got me the poster. I could have cried the day I realised I'd lost the one of him and Steffi Graf. She would be a very close second for me, I even had the pink Steffi Graf racquet when I started to play tennis just because it had her name on it - I hated the colour pink.

Hitman

Hitman

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Edberg, Lendl, Steffi Graf... all great names from the past, loved watching them. Agree with the Edberg sentiments, a true gentleman of the game.

For some reason, I became a HUGE fan of John McEnroe. Loved everything he did... yes everything! He gave the game SO much colour, enjoyed his rivalry with Bjorn Borg too.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • BRC088
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • davidp
  • Ondi
  • Swordfish
  • Manofoneway
  • Big Del
  • Maddy
  • broncos4life
  • thenry
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Behold
  • Fozz
  • Matheos
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.