• Roberts

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
The King is all about Qld Origin... he wasn't at the Broncos long enough to even nudge the pecking order of my favourite 5/8's.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Not a single King in this thread, you guys should be ashamed.

1. Darren Lockyer
2. Wendell Sailor
3. Israel Folau
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Wally Lewis
7. Allan Langer
8. Shane Webcke
9. Shaun Berrigan
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Gorden Tallis
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Tonie Carroll
15. Brad Thorn
16. Glenn Lazarus
17. Trevor Gillmeister

giphy.gif

No love for Tuqiri?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
The King is all about Qld Origin... he wasn't at the Broncos long enough to even nudge the pecking order of my favourite 5/8's.

I pick my all time teams in a vacuum, I don't factor in how long they were at the club etc, hence why Folau & JYY are there as well. That's the 17 I'd wanna turn up and watch.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I pick my all time teams in a vacuum, I don't factor in how long they were at the club etc, hence why Folau & JYY are there as well. That's the 17 I'd wanna turn up and watch.
But that's the point. I'd much prefer to relive the Walters/Alfie combo with Locky at fullback. In fact, I'd only consider Wally as a lock, but there's no way he'd beat my man crush on Tunza!

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
But that's the point. I'd much prefer to relive the Walters/Alfie combo with Locky at fullback. In fact, I'd only consider Wally as a lock, but there's no way he'd beat my man crush on Tunza!

It would be a national crime to pick anyone ahead of Tunza.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Quick play the ball are not the key. Offloads that create broken play are. Quick play the balls just lead to more hit ups most of the time. More offloads, especially one on ones multiple times lead to more points.
So the storm are premiers because of their offloads and it isn't because of their ability to control the ruck? Taumololo is valuable because of his offload, not because of the ability to drag in 3-4 defenders to give a broken defensive line for Thurston and Morgan to attack?
The RIGHT offload can create a try, get a broken defensive line and draw in defenders you can score a try on that play, the next or the next. It also has less risk, creates more possibilities, and tires out teams more over the course of a game.
Offloads are great and it'sa good weapon when used right, particularly when the offloading player has poked through the defensive line, but play the ball speed (sadly I think, but mainly due to Melbourne) is more important...

Rellum

Rellum

BRL Player
Sep 30, 2016
So the storm are premiers because of their offloads and it isn't because of their ability to control the ruck? Taumololo is valuable because of his offload, not because of the ability to drag in 3-4 defenders to give a broken defensive line for Thurston and Morgan to attack?
The RIGHT offload can create a try, get a broken defensive line and draw in defenders you can score a try on that play, the next or the next. It also has less risk, creates more possibilities, and tires out teams more over the course of a game.
Offloads are great and it'sa good weapon when used right, particularly when the offloading player has poked through the defensive line, but play the ball speed (sadly I think, but mainly due to Melbourne) is more important...
You and I approach the game differently. I am prepared to take riskes and you would rather not.

The Storm actually did open up their attack last year and used more offloads. Their game is not just about wrestle and ruck control.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
You and I approach the game differently. I am prepared to take riskes and you would rather not.

The Storm actually did open up their attack last year and used more offloads. Their game is not just about wrestle and ruck control.
I like that type of footy as well (2nd phase play and risk taking), but it's not more important in regards to winning....

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Offloads >>> Quick PTB if you have a gun support player looking for them IMO. Remember Milf and Blair in '15? It's good to have both in one player though, and mix it up. If they try to defend an offload, get a quick ptb and vice versa.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Damien Cook may beg to differ... he's been put into the origin frame purely because he's been told when theres a quick play take off. Same could be said for Kodi where I daresay a large portion of his tries have come from quick play dummy half runs.

Storm have made a living the last 10+ years by putting an emphasis on speeding up the ruck.

The only team I can recall putting any sort of emphasis on offloads are the warriors of years past and whilst it was effective for short bursts it was hardly sustainable.

Unread

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Porthoz
  • Browny
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • LGH
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ezpz
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • phoenix
  • Aldo
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.