FIFA bars Vukovic from Olympics

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
but the precedent was set. griffiths got off for a far worse offence.vukovic shouldnt have been suspended at all, because of this.

Man that is one ordinary argument. Some terrible things have happened in sport and ppl have not been penalised accordingly. Just because someone got off lightly in the past does not mean they should now. It is not an equity issue. What he did was disgraceful. He hit a referee because he disagreed with a decision. He should have been thanful for the 9 months.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
so its fine for griffiths to hit a linesman in the nuts, and then go on to win a grand final and player of the year. but vukovic merely slaps a refs hand and misses out on his olympic dream.....

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
pennywise, I don't think you follow. I don't think anyone is excusing what Griffiths did, in fact would be saying he should've copped as much or more than Vukovic.

And MB: WOOHOO!! Finally we disagree on something! ;-)

Both of them should've copped at least 12 months. That should be the minimum suspension for any deliberate attack on an official, no matter how minor.

W

Woody

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Vukovic was lucky he only got 9 months it should be a minimum of 12. Golden balls Joel should also have got the same he was VERY lucky. Simple fact is the officials are off limits whether its a grand final or a Sunday kick about.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
ok, now im kinda agreeing with yall. my whole argument is that its a different set of rules for different people. if griff got the same sentence, id have no problem with vukovic being suspended.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Glad we're understanding eachother now! Hehe.

I don't agree with the notion that once a penalty is laid down that that precedent must be stuck to. If it is clear the punishment was wrong (either too lenient or too harsh) then it should be fixed for the next one. Which seems to be what they've done here.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
All I know is I feel for Vukovic because of both the Griffiths one and the situation, but it is obviously a big no-no touching an official. I see both sides of the argument here and to be honest I would rather him go to the Olympics than Nick D'arcy lol.

Unread

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Jedhead
  • Ozired
  • Battler
  • johnny plath
  • broncos4life
  • Seibs
  • mrslong
  • winslow_wong
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • BroncosAlways
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.