NEWS Finally, Good News for Broncos with Dearden Clear

theshed

NRL Player
You're absolutely correct, but there is a huge difference between being a serviceable run of the mill journeyman half who will fill a gap temporarily, and a serviceable 18 y/o who came into a team with a huge spine deficit, containing an over the hill FB, solid but slow and unimaginative hooker and a 5/8 forced to do work he wasn't particularly suited for.
The former isn't particularly positive, the latter is something to be optimistic about.

While he may not have set the world on fire with flashy plays, he was solid, confident and developing nicely into someone who can allow flashier colleagues to pick their moments.

I think and hope he will develop into more than that, but I would be happy if he became a reliable Shane Perry / Peter Wallace / Adam Reynolds type, which we have desperately been needing for quite a while.
Well said

LittleDavey83

NRL Player
Bundy
If our forward pack reaches its potential, all we'll need is a serviceable half. I have hopes he'll be a lot better than that though, I thought he did a great job coming in the way he did. I hope these injuries aren't the start of an injury-prone career.

something

NYC Player
It sounds like it's just re-tweaking, only an extra two weeks. Not that uncommon... frustrating, but it's not Foran/Dugan-esque yet.

My favourite part about Dearden was that he didn't make any mistakes. There were no plays where I was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING ****?!" and he was still quite noticeable. So he was involved. He never had a Boyd vs. Storm game where you didn't even see the guy on the tv

I don't think anyone is knocking Dearden, which is nice. Serviceable is about the worst comment I've seen on him, and as someone re-iterated, being serviceable isn't a bad thing.

Jedhead

NRL Player
If Tommy is being classed as servicable you'd need to say Boyd was classified as obsolete, rundown, beyond repair, fit for the scarpheap, knackered, jiggered, fucked beyond saving, tits on a bull, ashtray on a motorbike useless, cactus as **** or to dispense with the hyperbole - just plain shagged out.

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
If Tommy is being classed as servicable you'd need to say Boyd was classified as obsolete, rundown, beyond repair, fit for the scarpheap, knackered, jiggered, fucked beyond saving, tits on a bull, ashtray on a motorbike useless, cactus as **** or to dispense with the hyperbole - just plain shagged out.
Mate, I am not really sure what you mean, could you be a bit clearer?

Aldo

NRL Player
New South Wails
Or just Boyded......

theshed

NRL Player
I do

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter