Finals Week 1 2020

yeah we got penalised a few times for the exact same shit..
How about the scrums last night....storm at times only had 4 in scrum!!! Its beyond a joke now....as much as we have regressed i think the game has regressed further ...if its not a broncs game im finding it harder to watch ..turned it off at half time last night 👎

Convert to AFL my friend.

Convert to AFL my friend.
Mate i havent watched a game of that for about 5 years.....when i was working in WA it was rammed down your throat by the media and if you didnt have foxtel the league was on that late on free to air i think the test pattern came on before the league😂....i tried but couldnt watch much....mind you the Nrl was on a slide then but not as rapid as this year definitely.....i heard somewhere this morning a souths fan complaining about their last game against the knights and how the knights were gifted all these 6 agains...getting out to a 18 or 20 nil lead and the only 6 agains they got were on the first in their own 20.....well welcome to our season!!!!
I think the NswRL is blind to the fact their losing supporters and rapidly....i know plenty that have started following afl, soccer🤢 or drinking more😂👍

I wonder what Souths are going to do next year regarding Latrell.

He was starting to play decent at Fullback, but he still wasn't super involved, they've been thriving with Allan at Fullback. Do you guys think they'll keep Allan at the back and move Latrell back to Centre, or is Allan still down the pecking order? In his 3 games at Fullback this season Allan has 2 tries, 3 line-breaks, 3 try assists, 4 line-break assists and is running for 170m per game.

Apparently they're gonna move James Roberts on as well.

1. Corey Allan
2. Alex Johnston
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Dane Gagai
5. Campbell Graham

Probably makes the most sense. Still have Braidon Burns & Jaxson Paulo as depth in that scenario.

I really hate how the NRL are just ignoring all the basics of the game, the Parra play the ball is a joke and was something I really noticed last night, 99% of the time they just roll the ball back from the hand and never actually place the ball and play it with the foot. I'm sure it is giving them a speed advantage in the play the ball.

Players are also not getting to their feet and are facing sideways and its all just let go.

These things are taught to juniors yet we've got the 'elite' competition who now just totally ignore it.
Just adding to this, I commented during the Sharks vs raiders match the Sharks were hardly square at marker.

It's probably stating the obvious but to me, this finals serious so far has really highlighted just our much we lacked energy this year. Both the eels and sharks were heavy underdogs but both came out firing and full of energy, giving their opposition a scare.

It's probably the number one thing we need to concentrate on and the one thing in rugby league that doest take talent is to be full of energy in everything you do. The really fit teams are incredible how they can be running onto the ball at speed and have good line speed in defence right through to the 80th minute. So much of rugby league is about attitude!

It's probably stating the obvious but to me, this finals serious so far has really highlighted just our much we lacked energy this year. Both the eels and sharks were heavy underdogs but both came out firing and full of energy, giving their opposition a scare.

It's probably the number one thing we need to concentrate on and the one thing in rugby league that doest take talent is to be full of energy in everything you do. The really fit teams are incredible how they can be running onto the ball at speed and have good line speed in defence right through to the 80th minute. So much of rugby league is about attitude!

Our forwards are a pack of kids that can’t quite mix it with the men. They have good intentions to start a game but just get dominated and are powerless to stop it.

Wingers can be insane these days. I'm glad the rubber bar thing (I forgot what they are called) doesn't count as out of bounds anymore.

Last edited:
Wingers can be insane these days. I'm glad the rubber bar thing (I forgot what they are called) doesn't count as out of bounds anymore.
Corner post the one you're chasing?

Another Bennett finals embarrassment unfolding?

The last-minute changes to the Knights have paid dividends. Mann is combining better with Pearce, Randall is leading the team well around the middle and the players look much improved on last week. The addition of Fitzgibbon has provided the Knights with some nice shape down their left and was key for that Best try.

Souths aren't making life easy for themselves either.

That's Allan's trademark right there, running off his half, running towards the corner post and beats his man to score.

The other trademark was disappearing for the rest of the game.

Last edited:
South Sydney have the best-attacking structures in the game. That was a wonderful set play and they had that one Knights defender beaten on both shoulders.

Looks like this game is following the same script as every other game this weekend.

South Sydney have the best-attacking structures in the game. That was a wonderful set play and they had that one Knights defender beaten on both shoulders.

Looks like this game is following the same script as every other game this weekend.
So simple...beautiful ball by Reynolds....wish we could do the simple things😂😂😂😂
Ch9 beside themselves when knights put on 2 tries in 7 minutes...

This performance from Tuala is one of the worst I’ve seen

And again.

Just a well-executed shift. Tuala has been exposed as a weak link and the Souths attack is having a field day.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • Broncosgirl
  • porouian
  • jarro65
  • Big Del
  • Manlyman
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.