Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Amazing how literally everything fell against us this round lol Lost to Melbourne, Warriors lose and Penrith win. Lost the minor premiership AND have to play Melbourne again.

Lets hope that shit luck doesn't hold.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
I think we have points and speed in us to trouble storm, and I think our goal line defence has shown so much improvement this year that we shouldn't leak too many points.

The only concerns I have are play the ball speed, where if the whistle allows them to tangle themselves up slowing us down, and whistles us to get up instantly, Grant can definitely punish us in behind the ruck. Flip side if they are allowed to slow us non stop, they'll be in our faces over and over.

The other one is NAS and where he pops up and him trying to grub his way into Ezra or Reyno.

It's going to be such a good feeling to beat them though.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Amazing how literally everything fell against us this round lol Lost to Melbourne, Warriors lose and Penrith win. Lost the minor premiership AND have to play Melbourne again.

Lets hope that shit luck doesn't hold.
That's not really shit luck. I mean we matched Penrith for points, so joint minor premiers, really, and we probably need a tough game to start finals, which we can also afford to lose (though I hope we don't) we can basically end the Storm. We're rested, fit, and there should be no complacency after this "bye" because it's finals and it is not a Thursday game. Defense will be the focus following a loss, which is also great. It gives us more time to work on attacking forms too, especially having seen the Storm play last few weeks, and seeing their weaknesses demonstrated by weaker teams.

We got this.

TimWhatley

TimWhatley

QCup Player
Dec 1, 2019
Coming into this round a loss to the storm followed by playing them again week 1 was my best case scenario. We needed a loss before the finals and if we had won and then had to win again the following week, it's alot tougher mentally. Warriors are one of those teams that can pull out an insane game when they're fired up, especially with that forward pack and I'm glad we aren't playing them.

I expect us to plough through the middle next week and win fairly comfortably.

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
Coming into this round a loss to the storm followed by playing them again week 1 was my best case scenario. We needed a loss before the finals and if we had won and then had to win again the following week, it's alot tougher mentally. Warriors are one of those teams that can pull out an insane game when they're fired up, especially with that forward pack and I'm glad we aren't playing them.

I expect us to plough through the middle next week and win fairly comfortably.
Warriors are 100% over rated. When was the last time they beat a decent team who wasn’t crippled by origin. I would 1000% rather play the warriors than the storm. I except penrith to beat warriors by 20+ next week.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Have to say Kev now looks a little silly coming out through the week saying we were the most consistent team in the comp.
hindsight says we should have done things a little different on Thursday night. Having 3 hookers in the 17 was probably up there with one of the more silly selections this year.
Anyway, onto the storm. Hopefully all the boys watched this together tonight and just witnessed penrith lift the minor prem shield thinking it could have been them.

Eyes on the big prize now.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Have to say Kev now looks a little silly coming out through the week saying we were the most consistent team in the comp.

why.

The Panthers didn't win any more games than us. in fact if we had have followed their lead and not rested at lest 11 players, we would have 1 more win than they did

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
Warriors are 100% over rated. When was the last time they beat a decent team who wasn’t crippled by origin. I would 1000% rather play the warriors than the storm. I except penrith to beat warriors by 20+ next week.
And the warriors have had an incredibly easy draw. Apart from the raiders, knights round 1 who were terrible and sharks they haven’t beaten a top 8 side this year. It goes to show how incredibly easy their draw has been which has really made them look a lot better then I think they actually are.

ChewThePhatt

ChewThePhatt

NRL Player
Contributor
Dec 28, 2015
I don't see us winning big, storm are (vomit) too good for that.

I do see us winning though.

Will be a Tuff, Very Ugly, Gritty affair.

End of the day though....

I believe in Santa

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
why.

The Panthers didn't win any more games than us. in fact if we had have followed their lead and not rested at lest 11 players, we would have 1 more win than they did
It’s pretty simple really..
The most consistent side of the regular season gets the minor premiership. And that’s Penrith.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
It’s pretty simple really..
The most consistent side of the regular season gets the minor premiership. And that’s Penrith.
We both won and lost the same amount of games though.

We also played 2 more games against last seasons top 8 than they did, meaning that can account for some of the for and against.

Kev resting players will be judged next week if we don't look fresh and come out slow vs the Storm. Still think it was the right call.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Guys. You already know how next week goes. 😐

Doomsday Clock GIF by GIPHY News

Wild Horse

Wild Horse

NRL Player
Jan 26, 2017
My best mate is Storm supporter. I can't even describe the pain of the last 15 years in regards to this match up guys lol. Please Broncos, get it done!..

I'm as hopeful as ever. I think we are a better balanced team but they have Munster, Grant & Paps..

I wanna see us steam roll them in the middle and I hope Walsh tears them a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • sooticus
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • Seibs
  • BroncosAlways
  • ivanhungryjak
  • RolledOates
  • ezpz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.