Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
So confused if it’s going to be Friday or Saturday. Hoping to book a hotel room for the night and avoid the drive back to the coast after the game until the next day.
We should be Saturday

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Warriors don't want to play Friday night so it could end up being switched to Saturday.

If the NRL was serious about growing the game in NZ it should be Saturday arvo or Sunday.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
the confidence that would come off the back of that would be extraordinary.

not from two reserve grade sides playing.

or from us playing our best 17 and blowing a reserve grade side off the park (which probably would have been the worse outcome)

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Warriors don't want to play Friday night so it could end up being switched to Saturday.

If the NRL was serious about growing the game in NZ it should be Saturday arvo or Sunday.

What's their issue with Friday night games?

besides, they don't have a home final in week one, so it definitely shouldn't be their call

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
So confused if it’s going to be Friday or Saturday. Hoping to book a hotel room for the night and avoid the drive back to the coast after the game until the next day.
I think we will be Friday night because of turnaround from Thursday.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Friday night game would be 10pm for them.

true ... but IMO the game still shouldn't be changed because it's what the Warriors want.

let's look at it this way, the same arguments about growing the game in NZ can equally apply to Melbourne ... can you imagine the outrage (especially on here) if the NRL simply gave Melbourne their preferred time slot, even though we earned the home final

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Im 100% opposite to this.
I don't think we needed a loss at all.
I think if we kept the momentum up with winning, especially against the Storm in the last round before the finals, the confidence that would come off the back of that would be extraordinary.

We would be minor premiers, of which we have never lost a GF when we have secured the MP.
We would have broken the Storm hoodoo around the club.
We would have reclaimed our home ground against the Storm, and when we face them in week one, it would be on the back of the first win against them in 8 years.

100% Warriors are an easier game than the Storm in every single aspect.

I love your optimism, but i cant get behind this at all.
If you think that beating that Storm team with our full strength would mean anything and break any hoodoo then there is no possible way I can get behind any of that.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
The Storm is probably the best for us for a simple reason. If we can't beat them in a final, we can't win a Grand final. We can beat them with a fully fit outfit and the psychological boost it will give would propel us into the other finals.

Fatboy

Fatboy

QCup Player
Mar 8, 2008
They’re making fun of us on the Storms forum.
“The Broncos are $1.60 favourites been a long time since we were outsiders against anyone in a Qualifying Final, the Broncos fans are certainly confident & to be honest I’m not sure where they get their confidence from we have beaten them both times this year, won 14 in a row against them and haven’t lost at Suncorp to these guys since 2009, amazing when you trawl BroncosHQ forums how cocky they are about a win here, I think we have a huge mental advantage over them already we just need to show up and play our best game and we are more than capable of knocking them off and earning a weeks break.”

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
was talk on the abc of our game being moved to friday so there isnt a clash with the afl on sat in brisbane

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
The Storm have a forum? I'm amazed they have enough fans to fill an elevator.
I love how I've been to Melbourne more then most of them.... ps. I've been to Melbourne twice.

Absolute bandwagoners, a few losing seasons and the club would fold. The nrl know it, there entire fan base is glory hunters in qld and afl fans who politely clap them on in grand final week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brocko
  • Skyblues87
  • Galah
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Hoof Hearted
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.