Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Ahhh, the arrogance of Storm 'fans'. Why wouldn't we be confident? Equal first to end the season, and I'm not sure how many times this year we even dipped below the top 4 and if we did, there's every chance it was due to all the bye rounds and free 2 points. That said, given the history between the 2 sides $1.60 for us is very short...it's a far more even contest than that.

We've been top 4 since round 2.

we were 7th after defeating the Panthers in round 1. Defeating the Cowboys in round 2 moved us to 4th and we've been in the top 4 ever since

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Not a fan of the move at all.

The finals are all about the grind and Oatesy is such a pivotal part of that.

I can see why Arthars could be considered, but its not like he was any better than Oates against the Storm anyway. Storm are very physical, and thats Oates bread and butter.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Not a fan of the move at all.

The finals are all about the grind and Oatesy is such a pivotal part of that.
I think it's harsh but I think it might be a genius move at the same time.
Huge Oates fan and at his best he adds SO MUCH to our team, but arthurs has been the better player for sure. Equally safe under the high ball hard runs from out end, amazing finisher, good defensive reads. Oates seems a bit slower at the moment coming back from injury, and his take off speed wasn't the best already, putting as at risk with chips and grubbers in behind the line.
Sends a message to the team too. "You aren't performing at 100% all game, every game there is someone there behind you who will get a chance of a premiership run"

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Dropping Oates for the finals is a huge call.

It was bound to happen.

That bombed try where he was taken over the sideline against the Storm, a modern day winger needs to score those. Arthars would have. He’s lost a lot of speed and just seems too slow to be a winger in todays game.

He makes a lot of metres but we’ve barely missed a beat with him out of the side. I think he’s done as a regular, unfortunately.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It was bound to happen.

That bombed try where he was taken over the sideline against the Storm, a modern day winger needs to score those. Arthars would have. He’s lost a lot of speed and just seems too slow to be a winger in todays game.

He makes a lot of metres but we’ve barely missed a beat with him out of the side. I think he’s done as a regular, unfortunately.
By the time Hoeter gave him the ball, Smith had already marked him, there weren't too many wingers who could have scored there.

If the penalties don't come (they rarely do) it's going to be fun watching the Broncos try and make it out of their own half.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
That is a small bench if that winds up being the make up. We are going to be down a lot of size when the big boys come off.

TimWhatley

TimWhatley

QCup Player
Dec 1, 2019
Kevvie has made some ruthless calls this year and this one (if it's based on form) probably would've been the hardest to make. Personally I think it's the right call I just didn't think he would actually do it.

Bish

Bish

QCup Player
May 11, 2023
Definitely a case for either to play so I’ll just trust in Kev’s call.

Starting to get PMT already….. bloody hell

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If it were Mariner, I'd be on board. For Arthars, nope not at all. Oates is just plain and simply a better player. I do wonder whether Oates got injured again though last week, he was hobbled over a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TimWhatley
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Big Del
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Galah
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.