PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Eels vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I want to be positive but, if he names turpin @ 7 we're gone. And seibold needs to bring someone in with a clue about attacking footy.

You know what! If we were to put milf back at 6 and sos at 7 with (gulp) Darius back to fullback we would look soooooo much better. Darius is actually doing more harm at 6 then he was at 1

Sharks / Tigers for a a draw has gone from $30 into $16.

A bit off the topic, where’s Xavier Coates. Not mentioned in Q Cup finals.

You know what! If we were to put milf back at 6 and sos at 7 with (gulp) Darius back to fullback we would look soooooo much better. Darius is actually doing more harm at 6 then he was at 1
I completely agree, milf just isn't fit enough for 1 . It would at least have more cohesion in attack and defensively Darius is a better communicator

If the southern morons want to piss whatever integrity this competition has left into the wind, then please f**king do. It would be a small mercy for Broncos fans at this point and they would only be doing us the service of making us the victims in a sordid deal.

How about Milf to 6, SOS to 7 and Turps to 9, Macca overseas on a long long holiday, Staggs to FB (he says he has played FB), Boyd to wing and Isaako to centre? I'd rather enjoy watching Staggs running the ball back although his defensive reads might need some attention ...

Last edited:
I did wonder about Staggs as FB as he was leaping like a gazelle again lastnight. I love how he plays, so much aggression, deceptively strong, full of heart. I was disappointed in his second half lastnight but again it was a symptom of youth, inexperience at the top level, and the pressure getting to him so he was trying to do too much.

I'd be shocked if it isn't a draw. Not only are they fairly even matched teams but they have absolutely no incentive to win. The scores will be even at some stage and both teams will absolutely shut down, revert to one out runs and kicking for touch.
No one fears playing the broncs. Both teams will be looking for momentum going into finals series so doubt they’ll go into it half arsed! If the opportunity is there to win the game they won’t be worrying about each other missing finals. To collude means that all 36 players trust each other.....not a gamble I’d take.

The last time we played the Eels in the finals was 2002. We won 24-14. We have played 4 games against them in the finals ('98, '00, '01, '02) and we've won 2 of them ('00, '02).

There are no betting markets up yet until after the tigers/sharks game but I’m expecting parra to be around 1.50 and us 2.60 and even at that price we would still be unders.

No one fears playing the broncs. Both teams will be looking for momentum going into finals series so doubt they’ll go into it half arsed! If the opportunity is there to win the game they won’t be worrying about each other missing finals. To collude means that all 36 players trust each other.....not a gamble I’d take.

Not to mention whoever finishes 8th will be on Eels and Melbourne's side of the draw.

It's also Farah's last game at Leichhardt Oval.

There is the incentive to win right there. People are getting too paranoid.

We’re going to get thrashed. The Eels forwards were off-side and rushing up way early last game and got away with it, they’ll do it again even worse, knowing the refs will refuse to penalise then after their sooking that bad calls “cost them the game”.

We should go in to this with a seige mentality, backs-against-the-wall , the Broncos vs Sydney + Refs + Media, but all I can picture is us derping it up and look like we’ve never even practiced an attacking play before.

We’re going to get thrashed. The Eels forwards were off-side and rushing up way early last game and got away with it, they’ll do it again even worse, knowing the refs will refuse to penalise then after their sooking that bad calls “cost them the game”.

We should go in to this with a seige mentality, backs-against-the-wall , the Broncos vs Sydney + Refs + Media, but all I can picture is us derping it up and look like we’ve never even practiced an attacking play before.
We need to drill the us against everyone mentality into the young lokes. Give everyone the eye of the tiger.

Maiko sivo and Jennings are going to have an absolute field day

Any word on the SOS injury from today?

Active Now

• Foordy
  • cento
  • Galah
  • Financeguy
  • Aldo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Organix
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Nerd
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
  • Tim K
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Rambstien
  • winslow_wong
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.