Finals Week 2 Discussion

That was the best game of the finals.

COME ON PANTHERS!

Hodkinson is the best clutch player in the game - better than JT & DCE even. I'd be interested to see Penrith & Dogs go into golden point just to see Moylan v Hodkinson, that's about the only thing about that game I'm interested in seeing.

Thought tonight's game was another advertisement as to why Golden Point was stupid and has no place. There was nothing wrong with Extra Time and because NSW had a teary the game has had to suffer and we're left with this half-arsed version that's basically penalty shoot outs.

This is increasingly obvious with the 7 tackle rule which is nearly as bad as giving away a penalty in the modern game. There was nothing wrong with that rule, that's just the game stacking the rule and giving teams an artificial leg-up.

Still, got to give credit to Des. Dogs have one of the best packs in the competition lead by the form prop in the competition, Josh Graham. Can't think of any plodders in that line-up, even Maitua has his moments and they've got some good players coming through too (I reckon Loko could make a gun backrow if he gets right). Once again, they powered away in the opening 20 minutes, raced to a three try lead and it was enough for them to essentially coast until the game got back to an arm-wrestle.

Manly did well just to stay in the contest, let alone nearly steal it which they came very close to doing on a few separate occasions. Pretty inspiring effort but was always going to be a tough mountain to climb.

It's actually a joke that if you miss a field goal and it goes over the dead ball line that the other team gets a 7 tackle set from the 20..

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it's actually far too risky to even attempt a field goal in golden point unless -

A) You have a phenomenal field goal kicker who is good in clutch situations (Hodkinson & Richards are the only two I can think of)
B) You're 10-20m out, directly in front

The risk / reward isn't even worth it in other scenarios, giving the other team a 7 tackle set is virtually gifting them a shot from good range, especially with everyone on their last legs.

Still, got to give credit to Des. Dogs have one of the best packs in the competition lead by the form prop in the competition, Josh Graham.

Is that like a fusion of Josh Jackson and James Graham?

Fusion-HA!

Hodkinson is the best clutch player in the game - better than JT & DCE even. I'd be interested to see Penrith & Dogs go into golden point just to see Moylan v Hodkinson, that's about the only thing about that game I'm interested in seeing.

Thought tonight's game was another advertisement as to why Golden Point was stupid and has no place. There was nothing wrong with Extra Time and because NSW had a teary the game has had to suffer and we're left with this half-arsed version that's basically penalty shoot outs.

This is increasingly obvious with the 7 tackle rule which is nearly as bad as giving away a penalty in the modern game. There was nothing wrong with that rule, that's just the game stacking the rule and giving teams an artificial leg-up.

Still, got to give credit to Des. Dogs have one of the best packs in the competition lead by the form prop in the competition, Josh Graham. Can't think of any plodders in that line-up, even Maitua has his moments and they've got some good players coming through too (I reckon Loko could make a gun backrow if he gets right). Once again, they powered away in the opening 20 minutes, raced to a three try lead and it was enough for them to essentially coast until the game got back to an arm-wrestle.

Manly did well just to stay in the contest, let alone nearly steal it which they came very close to doing on a few separate occasions. Pretty inspiring effort but was always going to be a tough mountain to climb.

Gun post. I've always hated the golden point rule in it's current state. Always been a big fan of playing the whole extra time and whoever has the most points at the end of that period wins. The only thing that can end it early is a try.

I hate the dogs so much at the moment because of Reynolds and Ennis. I found myself cheering Manly. Now it's morning and I feel dirty.

It's actually a joke that if you miss a field goal and it goes over the dead ball line that the other team gets a 7 tackle set from the 20..

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it's actually far too risky to even attempt a field goal in golden point unless -

A) You have a phenomenal field goal kicker who is good in clutch situations (Hodkinson & Richards are the only two I can think of)
B) You're 10-20m out, directly in front

The risk / reward isn't even worth it in other scenarios, giving the other team a 7 tackle set is virtually gifting them a shot from good range, especially with everyone on their last legs.
It's a balancing act really, but in a way, it's a good thing, as it may prevent the shoot-out / field-goal-a-thon we see nowadays, forcing teams to work for good field position before attempting it.

The field goal is still by far the best option once you're inside the 40m.

This rule just ensures that it's going to be a field-goal a-thon.

That rule needs to go but so does golden point in it's current form.

The field goal is still by far the best option once you're inside the 40m.

This rule just ensures that it's going to be a field-goal a-thon.

That rule needs to go but so does golden point in it's current form.
This rule doesn't ensure it, on the contrary. It's still the best option, but at a greater risk!

Because you just gift the opposition an easy chance to go for field goal.

If they miss...it just goes on in a boring cycle.

I hate the dogs so much at the moment because of Reynolds and Ennis. I found myself cheering Manly. Now it's morning and I feel dirty.
Exactly my feeling... I can't believe I actually wanted the scum to win this game!

Intrust Super Cup Preliminary Final about to kick-off.

East Tigers
1. Cameron Munster 2. Jarrod McInally 3. Shane Neuman 16. Donald Malone 5. Richie Kennar
6. Jacob Fauid 7. Cody Walker
15. Felise Kaufusi 9. Tommy Butterfield 11. Kenny Bromwich 4. Hymel Hunt 12. Troy Giess 13. Jacob Ling

8. Steve Thorpe (c) 10. Matt Zgrajewski 14. Liam McDonald 17. Joel Romelo

Wynnum Manly Seagulls
1. Daniel Ogden 2. Peter Gubb 3. Matt Grieve 4. Mitchell Buckett 5. Benaiah Bowie
6. Jordan Kahu 7. Matthew Seamark
8. Ben Shea 9. Jake Granville 10. Tim Natusch (c) 11. Jon Grieve 12. John Te Reo 13. Mitchell Frei

14. Graham Clark 15. Chris McLean 16. Tanu Wolf 17. Dylan Smith

Kahu off for a cut to his face.

Seagulls on attack.

But Frei loses it...

Fauid is stuffed for the Tigers.

A battle of attrition so far.

Tigers are giving the Gulls plenty of early opportunities.

Giess and Ling in strife for a bad spear tackle on Granville.

Te Reo has been pretty poor to start the game.

Bad grubber and now a forward pass that nearly lead to a intercept.

Both teams are struggling to get through their sets and create pressure.

Seagulls have had the most opportunities but nothing to show for it.

Granville scurries his way over from dummy half to score a desperate try for the Seagulls.

33 gone

4-0 Gulls with a ktc.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • Organix
  • Jazza
  • Redux
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • cento
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • LittleDavey
  • Big Del
  • broncs30
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.