Finals Week 3 Discussion

When Reynolds limped off, Souths didn't have a chance.

Even if they somehow fluke a win, they won't beat the Storm without him.

Which only makes life easier for the Dogs.

I haven't seen a coach receive so much good fortune in his life. Des is a good coach, but gee I'd love to see how other coaches would fair when the core of their squad isn't disrupted by Origin and they get to face sides that suffer key injuries pre and mid game.

That's not to take everything away from the Dogs here. They're a damn good side in both departments and deserve their placing in the prelims. but dead-set they've been lucky.

It looked like the refs were favouring Souths earlier.

I think the refs might just suck..

What calls?

I was absolutely fine with Morris being penalised. Granted, it's not a consistent call but he did deliberately obstruct the chaser and I'm sick of seeing players get away with it. Did my head in when defenders would do it to Folau & Yow Yeh.

That and the one where a Souths player fell into Eastwood. Felt like he couldn't do anything about it, like Burgess.

Luke I think.

What calls?

I was absolutely fine with Morris being penalised. Granted, it's not a consistent call but he did deliberately obstruct the chaser and I'm sick of seeing players get away with it. Did my head in when defenders would do it to Folau & Yow Yeh.

The Morris incident hardly ever gets penalised though. In fact, I don't recall ever seeing such a minor thing get pulled up. Actually agree it's a call that should be made, but from a consistency perspective I do think it was very harsh.

I reckon that Perrett try was about a metre forward though.

Definitely a metre forward.

Yep, I agree consistensy is an issue - much worse has been let go and refs. should be more tolerant in the finals. However, I was fine with the call because it's a personal bug bear and that's how it should be.

Question marks on the Eastwood pass but I'm fine with it being BotD...

Dogs/Storm GF, hopefully Slater doesn't get injured and the Dogs score a fluke try.

Wow, isn't Eastwood having a good game?

Dogs/Storm GF it is.

At least it's the best match as a neutral.

Condolences Twiz, your boys are only going to get better over the coming years. If Reynolds didn't go down, it would have been a much different game.

I wanted Souths to win, since I really dislike Storm and Bulldogs. However, this certainly sets up the more interesting GF. Should be good.

Chins up Rabbitoh supporters, making a prelim is nothing but a success.

Congrats Dogs, did what they had to do.

I never thought we would get this far and to do so has been an amazing experience.

Glad to finally see a few finals matches in a year where my team is playing instead of every other team getting to experience it.

Either way it will build confidence for the team and the players we have coming in, can strengthen on that. Madge has really done well.

On the match.

We needed to rally when Rey went down, feel for the kid. We just lost all direction. If they didn't hurt us up the middle, they got us out wide. It just looked like we went through the motions.

I have to give Keating a wrap for his great season. He wasn't much at the Eels and even first few rounds for the dogs but with Reynolds they do a great job of directing that team around the park.

Anyways that is all. Too emotional and upset to give a shit.

Rabbitohs sort of remind me of the Broncos from last year, making the prelims and losing a key player in Lockyer/Reynolds.

Everyone knows my sentiments about souths, but fair play to them and Madge, turning around a mediocre team and finally making them a solid and dangerous team.
I still think they performed better than they actually are, and their results against the top 8 teams shows that, but they definitely are a top 8 side.
Let's see what happens next season... Will they improve on the back of this season, or will they crumble back to the usual mediocrity where they score big against weak teams, but get hammered against any serious top 8 contender?

Once Adam Reynolds limped of Souths didn't have a chance, that's Rugby League for ya the whole game and fortune of 1 team can change in an instant. Should be a great Grand Final GO THE BULLDOGS

so after all that arguing, we get the second official view (the first being on the night after the match where the nrl officials said that he regained it before it hit the ground)...........and theyve completely jumped ship lol.

http://www.nrl.com/official-view-preliminary-finals/tabid/10874/newsid/70046/default.aspx

"Did Billy Slater knock-on when he dove from dummy-half for the Storm’s second try?

Yes, Slater drops the ball and this try should not have been awarded."

so what is it bill, is separation not being taken into consideration now? i hope to god its not and its going to be removed, but come on.....trys far worse than that have been given all year because there was no separation.

Once Adam Reynolds limped of Souths didn't have a chance, that's Rugby League for ya the whole game and fortune of 1 team can change in an instant. Should be a great Grand Final GO THE BULLDOGS

Pretty much. I thought they should have just kept Luke at hooker, he was dominating there. Might have produced another try without Reynolds.

Pretty much. I thought they should have just kept Luke at hooker, he was dominating there. Might have produced another try without Reynolds.
Yep, we needed Peats to move into 7 instead and control that right side to take pressure off Sutton.

I honestly don't recall Issac getting the ball as the halfback after Rey went off and I haven't seen the replay to confirm.

It very much was like Madge had a cover for any other position besides halfback. Hopefully this is a good thing Madge and his support staff to go back and re work his gameplans in the off season to come back stronger next year.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Porthoz
  • Jedhead
  • Broncorob
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.