Finals Week 3

So we had a salary cap manager, a CEO and board to decide what we can and cant afford, but its Bennets fault we handed out big contracts even though he doesnt even talk financials with the players ( and i know for a fact he has nothing to do with the financial side of things, i know plenty of players and not one of them has ever talked about the money side of contracts with Bennett ) I'm sure people like you are stuck in a 90's time warp where you think Wayne had total control. Its as laughable as trying to blame him for the mess at other clubs. Financial mismanagement is on the club owners, not a coach.

Only an idiot would think getting rid of Bennett in the way we did was a smart move. It put the players offside as it was so disrespectful to a club legend for the sake of 12 months. As for Bennett not doing a rebuild, thats just your anti Bennett agenda coming out there. There was plenty of young talent, some of which like Haas came because of Wayne, that we could have built on easily. Wayne wasn't doing the rebuild either, he was transitioning to a coach who would have.

And I've met several people that worked at the club that have said he is a part of the salary cap management. Bennett not talking financials with players doesn't mean shit. It just means he doesn't talk financials with the players, but the players aren't the ones who decide what they get. There's a pattern with Bennett when it comes to salary caps. It's pretty naive to think he's not pulling strings when it comes to that.

The move to get rid of Bennett was a necessary one. There seem to be some people on here that don't quite understand how it works in the real world. The games Bennett was playing, the constant scheming, you can't have an employee doing that. You're not going to get treated with respect and keep your job, you're going to get sacked and rightfully so. Bennett didn't agree with the boards decisions and cracked the shits. Instead of just being a fucking man and sucking it up and trying to work on a middle ground, he went to war with the board. The board finally had enough and kicked him out on his ass.

Who knows what could have happened in Bennett had another 12 months of doing that? Who knows the problems it could have caused. The club didn't have a crystal ball to see into the future, they had to act on what they knew at the time and what they knew at the time was the relationship with Bennett was untenable and they had to cut the cord.

Was Jason going to do a rebuild? The evidence wasn't pointing to that. Bringing up a few youngsters isn't doing a rebuild. The were glaring problems with the side after 2015 and they weren't addressed despite having more than enough time to do so.

I have to laugh whenever people starting shit like, "Oh that's just your anti-Bennett agenda talking". It's just moronic.

Penrith need to cut the telegraphed inside ball shit. They have Melbourne shot simply taking a hit up then running their standard second man block play out wide. Take a big man hit up and run the block play the other side.

This is Penriths game to lose.

Good game so far. Reminds me of pre vlandys footy when the game was good

Ref has completely lost control of the ruck. Both teams doing whatever the **** they want and he will only give a 6 again on tackle 1.

Its had great scramble defence from both teams but cant agree with Ennis saying its the best half all year at all.

It also shits me to no end that we lost a game for much less of a high tackle than one that just took Luai out of a prelim.

Im not saying Munster could do anything else fwiw, or that it was intentional, but if that was us its penalty all day.

And I've met several people that worked at the club that have said he is a part of the salary cap management. Bennett not talking financials with players doesn't mean shit. It just means he doesn't talk financials with the players, but the players aren't the ones who decide what they get. There's a pattern with Bennett when it comes to salary caps. It's pretty naive to think he's not pulling strings when it comes to that.

The move to get rid of Bennett was a necessary one. There seem to be some people on here that don't quite understand how it works in the real world. The games Bennett was playing, the constant scheming, you can't have an employee doing that. You're not going to get treated with respect and keep your job, you're going to get sacked and rightfully so. Bennett didn't agree with the boards decisions and cracked the shits. Instead of just being a fucking man and sucking it up and trying to work on a middle ground, he went to war with the board. The board finally had enough and kicked him out on his ass.

Who knows what could have happened in Bennett had another 12 months of doing that? Who knows the problems it could have caused. The club didn't have a crystal ball to see into the future, they had to act on what they knew at the time and what they knew at the time was the relationship with Bennett was untenable and they had to cut the cord.

Was Jason going to do a rebuild? The evidence wasn't pointing to that. Bringing up a few youngsters isn't doing a rebuild. The were glaring problems with the side after 2015 and none of them were fixed.

I have to laugh whenever people starting shit like, "Oh that's just your anti-Bennett agenda talking". It's just moronic.
Oh i wish i could put more laugh emojis at this post.

You think Bennett not talking financials with players doesnt mean shit? Ha ha, hilarious take on things. What a crock of shit. You must think we had a Salary cap manager and a CEO just for show. Stop living in the 90's. Bennett didnt have total control. As i said, he had an input with certain aspects, money isnt one of them. We got shafted by player managers who totally did a number on the people crunching the numbers.

I'm guessing you think 5G is causing Covid with these tin foil hat theories. Bennett constantly scheming, what a laugh. He backed the club to get Bellamy ffs. It was the inept board ( and they were inept, the evidence backs it up ) that stuffed up. Hard to argue it wasnt.

If I were Penrith I would be thinking like I were 12 points behind right now. Storm will play to the last second. This is a long way from over.

Rabs saying Melbourne are not used to being behind. Like **** they aren't. They're used to coming back and winning.

Just cant see the Storm coming back with 2 key players missing.

Oh i wish i could put more laugh emojis at this post.

You think Bennett not talking financials with players doesnt mean shit? Ha ha, hilarious take on things. What a crock of shit. You must think we had a Salary cap manager and a CEO just for show. Stop living in the 90's. Bennett didnt have total control. As i said, he had an input with certain aspects, money isnt one of them. We got shafted by player managers who totally did a number on the people crunching the numbers.

I'm guessing you think 5G is causing Covid with these tin foil hat theories. Bennett constantly scheming, what a laugh. He backed the club to get Bellamy ffs. It was the inept board ( and they were inept, the evidence backs it up ) that stuffed up. Hard to argue it wasnt.

Like I said, naive.

I'm not even going to address that COVID comment, fucking stupid. Sure, he backed the club to get Bellamy. Then cracked the shits when they spoke to Bellamy without first talking to him. That was the theme with him.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Kev_Guz
  • leon.bott
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Hurrijo
  • bb_gun
  • Aldo
  • MrMoore
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Battler
  • broncotville
  • mitch222
  • Culhwch
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.