First it was ASADA, then it was Sharpe, now...

( Most obviously not reporting on Gallens swinger on Slater)

That wasn't an issue.

It was grubby but he didn't hit him high, he hit him across the shoulders which is legal.

The BIG problem was him not reporting the Woods touch off the kick off. Now that was bullshit and very tough to swallow as a Queensland fan.

Now there was another swinging arm from Gallen which I noted earlier which probably should have seen him sit out a few weeks if it was a regular NRL game but instead he basically got rewarded for it.

I thought it was a bit high on Slater, Pete. The most blatant ones were that shot and the one on Inglis. It just beggars belief that they weren't penalised. I wish Papa was playing tonight to give one to Gal.

Why should video refs be ex players ? What lame brain came up with that?

I'm not sure but wasn't there something about having an ex-player involved as they understood the game better than non-players?

Can't remember fully.

I'm not sure but wasn't there something about having an ex-player involved as they understood the game better than non-players?

Can't remember fully.

Yes - ironically, the rulings are now more confusing than ever. Referrals for obstruction are basically a "spin the wheel" situation.

I just roll my eyes whenever there is talk of a bunker/war room situation. It's a bit of a joke.

I reckon the solution is pretty simple. Video refs should not be allowed to watch and follow the game. They sit in a darkened room and only see the footage when a decision is referred. That way they can apply a black and white ruling - which would help us get consistency.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
  • Bronx48
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • theshed
  • Bish
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • jd87
  • Strop
  • kiwi2
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.