CRICKET First Test Australia v West Indies

The bowler celebrated that wicket like it was 1999.

Smash out another 150-200 and get bowling this afternoon. Windies are demoralized.

Smith and Labs is such a good partnership. All time Aussie great partnership?
They are synonymous with each other but for how much they have excelled and considering they are 3&4 an underwhelming amount of success has come in partnership to this point. 12 months ago they were the weak links of our batting lineup not that they were so weak but in recent times there major successful periods weren’t overly backed up by the other.

Smiths Ashes well Marnus didn’t exist until the concussion

Marnus’ NZ & Pak summer was amazing and from memory Smith didn’t really stand out during that period I remember Wagner made him his bitch.

Look I couldn’t be fucked to go through the stats but after those 2 periods neither have been that good and the larger scores from each other have come quite inconsistently not only in general but in relation to each others scoring.

They are synonymous with each other but for how much they have excelled and considering they are 3&4 an underwhelming amount of success has come in partnership to this point. 12 months ago they were the weak links of our batting lineup not that they were so weak but in recent times there major successful periods weren’t overly backed up by the other.

Marnus’ NZ & Pak summer was amazing and from memory Smith didn’t really stand out during that period I remember Wagner made him his bitch.

Look I couldn’t be fucked to go through the stats but after those 2 periods neither have been that good and the larger scores from each other have come quite inconsistently not only in general but in relation to each others scoring.

Hmm maybe it’s just because they bat similar?

I think of them as a pair for whatever reason .

Anyway that partnership yesterday/today certainly furthers their partnership credentials.
Will Australia win this outright or draw?

The bowler celebrated that wicket like it was 1999.

Well, if you can't win then

BU8wB7CCEAAickX.jpg

England are 0-208 in the 32nd over...of a test match!

England are 0-208 in the 32nd over...of a test match!
That’s crazy looking at the side they have selected it must be a clear target from Baz. They have the short form commodities so they may be wanting to take the game away from the opposition quickly whilst having Pope, Root and Stokes to hold the ship. Interestingly Pope has the gloves but I’m sure Baz of all people would be confident in part time keepers

23 times they’ve batted together.
9 partnerships of 100 or more.
Av 65 together.

England 3/288, good day for them at stumps…I mean half way through the day.

This wicket in the England - Pakistan game must be the deadest wicket in the history of cricket and a lightning outfield to boot. These guys are going to be at like 600 by the end of the day!

England finish the day on 4/506!

BUT get this, only 75 overs due to bad light, so they were comfortably in striking distance of 588, the most ever. This pitch is a disgrace. Four of the batsmen got centuries, first time that has ever happened on one day in test cricket. The run rate is 6.74.

Insane because the batting wasn't even that good, the bowlers were awful but they didn't stand a chance.

These pitches have gotta be deliberate, no way they could keep producing such roads if they really were trying to have some sort of even contest between bat and ball.

But still, England's change in mindset has been massive. If Bazball fails in one test they are just as likely to ignore it and bounce back the next game.

That was the most ridiculously easy Test Match batting I’ve ever seen..

On a related note, how amazing does Wasim Akram’s already amazing career record look - between these pitches and Pakistan’s traditionally poor fielding / catching

But still, England's change in mindset has been massive. If Bazball fails in one test they are just as likely to ignore it and bounce back the next game.

Let’s see, they haven’t been challenged yet. NZ last year were broken and overachieved before thudding back to earth and this pitch, well anyone could score on it, even Marcus Harris. Mind you the Perth pitch has been pretty flat so Australia can’t talk but this one in Rawalpindi might be a literal road. Couple that with a fast outfield and then sandwich in a small ground, this field suits England’s approach to a T.

Just watched some highlights and that Chanderpaul fella has horrific technique.

He’s going to be out LBW 99 times out of 100

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.