Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao

While Mayweather is the top of boxing the sport is dead. Its an absolute snooze fest.

Bring on Aldo vs. McGregor!

Yeah I've got no time for the man myself but as somebody who grew up realising that great villains make for good entertainment I can appreciate his value.

Also get where Tera is coming from.

That's common across a lot of sports really. Take Chelsea as example or even the Dragons in the NRL. Not exactly enterprising play, but just smart.

Good for the die hards but not for the casuals.

Yeah I think you had to be a boxing fan to appreciate today's fight.
Many people in the pub were saying how boring it was etc etc, and didn't appreciate the talent of both fighters. It's not always about slogging the shit out of each other and coming away with black eyes and such.
The two guys who fought today are definetly among the best in their business.

I'm a casual boxing viewer but avid MMA supporter. Today just confirmed that.

[MENTION=1899]Big Pete[/MENTION]
1430669454.jpg

Awhile ago comedian Jimmy Kimmel had Manny Pacquiao on his show and discussed Bieber walking Mayweather out for the fight today. Kimmel asked Manny if he could be his Justin Bieber for the fight, to which Manny said of course. Sure enough, there was Kimmel by his side today

1430668226.jpg

Disappointing from Manny for me. Not aggressive enough early on.

Floyd is a great boxer, but he is boring as shit.

IMO there is no way it was more than a tie, home town decision and the reason I don't watch boxing much. I'm dirty I tumble in to these "fights of the century" all the time.

Maybe if it was a split decision or even a unanimous decision with only a round between them I could accept it but 118 - 110 ???,
so 10 rnds to 2?? no fuckin way.

The guy who interviewed manny after the fight was a joke as was the second commentator, just biased as ****.

God bless America.

The official punch stats reckon FW landed 81 power punches WTF??

Overall, FW landed 148 punches to a total of 81, just rubbish, and didn't even win the 3rd rnd when he rocked FW and didn't get hit

The punch statistics tell a story about this fight - and about just how difficult it is to hit Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Manny Pacquiao connected with just 19 percent of his total punches (81 of 429) and 27 percent of his power shots (63-236). His jab never found a home, landing just 9 percent of the time (18-193).
Mayweather was just as active, but much more accurate. He landed 34 percent of his total punches (148-435) and an impressive 25 percent of his jabs (67-267). His power shots were less frequent, but more effective, landing at 48 percent effectiveness (81-168).

Last edited:
And to top it off a lot of judges had MP 5 -2 up after 7 rnds , personally I saw it at 4 - 3, with FM winning 2 of the last 5 and MP 1 with 2 draws and an even fight. That's just how I saw it so even a 1 rnd victory to FW I would have said fair enough. others know better or could see it slightly differently but minimum 4 rnd and as much as 8 rnds advantage to MW, the result is tainted, like so many boxing matches.

Official cards below, all 3 judges have FW winning rnd 3, so MP was 3 rnds down on all cards after 3 rnds that's 9 points. How could anyone say FW won rnd 1 or rnd 3 is beyond me.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEDoI29UEAAHxeP.jpg

Last edited:
Gonna go watch Rocky to feel better

I was rooting for Pacquiao, but he was clearly beaten for mine.

The 118-110 scorecard was ridiculous. No idea what fight that judge was watching. This is what happens when you let a fighter pick the judges. The boxing council should be picked both the ref and the judges and they should all be neutral. Mayweather just ducked Pacman all fight and did what he was always going to do and that's just counter him and stay out of his way. His should roll is impenetrable. Pacman did land some good shots and I though he caught him flush with one in the third round but Mayweather just tightened up his defence and with stood it. I had it 7-5 but I could see 8-4 on the scorecards as fair enough.
But for people that don't really pay attention to boxing, the super fight that was promised pretty much failed to live up to the hype. At least with Ali/Foreman, they belted this shit outta each other. That's what a lot of non boxing fans were expecting to see.

As someone who doesn't like boxing but saw bits of it I found it pretty boring. Mostly I couldn't believe how much money it generated for something that only lasted 36mins and was boring.

As someone who doesn't like boxing but saw bits of it I found it pretty boring. Mostly I couldn't believe how much money it generated for something that only lasted 36mins and was boring.

Boxing is the hip-hop of sport. Sure you can be "good" at it, and there are certainly "skills" that help you excel, but it's really just an avenue for dumb, boastful people to make money off other dumb people by suggesting that by being dumb & boastful you can make a name for yourself.

The 118-110 scorecard was ridiculous. No idea what fight that judge was watching. This is what happens when you let a fighter pick the judges. The boxing council should be picked both the ref and the judges and they should all be neutral. Mayweather just ducked Pacman all fight and did what he was always going to do and that's just counter him and stay out of his way. His should roll is impenetrable. Pacman did land some good shots and I though he caught him flush with one in the third round but Mayweather just tightened up his defence and with stood it. I had it 7-5 but I could see 8-4 on the scorecards as fair enough.
But for people that don't really pay attention to boxing, the super fight that was promised pretty much failed to live up to the hype. At least with Ali/Foreman, they belted this shit outta each other. That's what a lot of non boxing fans were expecting to see.

It blows my mind that people thought this would be a war. Anybody who watches boxing regularly knew that a Mayweather UD was likely.

And now lots of casual fans are saying boxing is dead. Yet they have probably never watched a Golovkin, Wilder, Alvarez, Provodnikov, Cotto or Matthysse fight in their lives...

It is like someone watching an origin game and thinking they are an expert on all aspects of Rugby League.

It blows my mind that people thought this would be a war. Anybody who watches boxing regularly knew that a Mayweather UD was likely.

And now lots of casual fans are saying boxing is dead. Yet they have probably never watched a Golovkin, Wilder, Alvarez, Provodnikov, Cotto or Matthysse fight in their lives...

It is like someone watching an origin game and thinking they are an expert on all aspects of Rugby League.

Well said.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • BroncosAlways
  • HarryAllan7
  • Battler
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.