Folau has no regrets - would say it all again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia got knocked out of the RWC and Folau didn't feature. Nor did he in the recent bledisloe cup. ARU already won. He's a footnote until he apologises and toes the line.

Just to be clear for the simpleton who still cant grasp a simple concept.
Israels message was 100% wrong.
His freedom to express his religion, according to the law, is not.

Just to be clear for the simpleton who still cant grasp a simple concept.
Israels message was 100% wrong.
His freedom to express his religion, according to the law, is not.

Nobody has said he broke the law by posting what he did on social media, they're saying he broke his ARU contract.. They're not inherently dependant on one another. There's plenty of things that you can request your employees not to do that don't fall under criminal law, are you aware of that? It genuinely seems like you don't know how contracts work.

Human rights workplace law.
Religious belief or activity - Workplace

It is against the law to discriminate against anyone in the workplace because of their actual or assumed religious belief or activity.

Employees are protected from discrimination at all stages of employment including recruitment, workplace terms and conditions and dismissal.

Religious belief means holding, or not holding, a religious belief or view that is not against the law. Religious activity means taking part, not taking part or refusing to take part in a religious activity that is not against the law.

This is why Israel is pursuing legal action.
This is why the workplace laws need to be changed.
Israel, according to workplace law, did nothing wrong.
The ARU, according to workplace law, has tried to enforce a contract that is illegal.

There is nothing simple about this case.
Its a situation of religious freedom vs bigoted vilification of homosexuals.

Last edited:
The worst bit about this, is there are laws in place to protect religious organizations against the very thing Folau is doing to the homosexual community.

TheEqual Opportunity Act 2010 includes some general exceptions . This means that discrimination may not be against the law in particular circumstances.

A religious body may discriminate on the basis of religious belief or activity or to avoid upsetting the religious sensitivities of its members. Discrimination may be permitted in circumstances that involve:

• ordaining or appointing priests, ministers of religion or members of a religious order
  • training or educating people who wish to be ordained as priests, ministers of religion or members of a religious order
  • selecting or appointing people to perform or participate in a religious activity, observance or practice
  • deciding who to employ in a religious school.

For example, a religious school advertises a position for a pastoral care coordinator, and specifies that the successful applicant must be of the same faith as that held and taught by the school.

A person may also discriminate if the discriminatory action is necessary for them to comply with their genuine religious beliefs or principles.

Haha.
I just realized I'm trying to have an intellectual conversation over the complexities of free speech and workplace law on a rugby league forum.
Its like trying to discuss advanced physics with schoolkids.

My bad, i will let you guys get back to your beer and sports.
See you next season lol.

Religious belief means holding, or not holding, a religious belief or view that is not against the law.

He didn't get his contract terminated for holding the belief, he got it terminated for posting an extremely archaic and insensitive image on social media to 350K followers..

I don't see anything in the Workplace Law about being permitted to do that.

See you next season lol.

Do we have to?

I dont agree with the things he said, but he does have the right to say whatever he likes. He also has to accept its going to cost him in some situations. I'm still not convinced he broke any terms of his contract with the ARU either, but i guess if he has his court case will go nowhere. At the end of the day, what he said doesnt bother me personally as i dont take a lot of notice, but he also has to realise he is offending people.

Haha.
I just realized I'm trying to have an intellectual conversation over the complexities of free speech and workplace law on a rugby league forum.

See you next season lol.
Oh yeah your arguments were so much more complex than anything us common scum ever seen before. Please consider yourself above us and don't come back. Your interlect is far too grate for us too handle.

Haha.

See you next season lol.
lol, you forgot X-Box, WWE and Triple Whoppers.

Even I get the Israel did the wrong thing. Once again, if people bothered to understand where religious values stem from (in this case, we were given the gift of life, we have a responsibility to continue it), the value isn't rooted in discrimination or hate. But the way he said it was.

He practices an extremely conservative denomination that is very strict, and technically, he didn't share it publicly, he shared it to a closed group. But it is a public platform, and it was specifically mentioned in his contract that what he shared on social media had conditions.

Even I get the Israel did the wrong thing. Once again, if people bothered to understand where religious values stem from (in this case, we were given the gift of life, we have a responsibility to continue it), the value isn't rooted in discrimination or hate. But the way he said it was.

He practices an extremely conservative denomination that is very strict, and technically, he didn't share it publicly, he shared it to a closed group. But it is a public platform, and it was specifically mentioned in his contract that what he shared on social media had conditions.

We were given the gift of life, women have a responsibility to continue it...

You won't get it.

Gays go to hell *magic backflip* sanctity of life.

Thanks for chiming in. Even I get...lol you so don't.

Hopefully this post locks the thread.

Haha.

See you next season lol.
Of course you are you intellectual giant you.

Midean, your logic is so incredibly flawed, you must be a troll.

Wtf!!!!😮

We were 'given the gift of life', you must be joking! We weren't given any such thing. What tripe. We evolved over time, we didn't come to exist as fully formed humans by the will of some great designer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Redux
  • Porthoz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.