Folau Puts Broncos In The Red

S

Smithdom

BRL Player
Mar 18, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 60,00.html

EXPECT the usual denials from the Broncos but we can reveal the club is already $300,000 over the salary cap for next season and will have to offload a couple of players.

The signing of Israel Folau on a huge contact has left new coach Ivan Henjak with the task of cutting at least two players before he takes over from Wayne Bennett.

and...

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

MICHAEL Ennis's manager has implored the Broncos to step up their pursuit of the in-form hooker or risk losing him to an NRL rival.

Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen sounded a warning to the club's off-contract stars on Thursday when he told the likes of Ennis, Ben Hannant and Darius Boyd it was time to commit to the club.

However Ennis's agent George Mimis revealed the Broncos had yet to open talks with the Newcastle junior.

The first article is written by Phil Rothfield and Rebecca Wilson.

Second article

Ennis has an option for next year, both parties have a agree to it. It depends on who it favours.

I think we will lose Boyd & Stagg.

Even though it was written by absolute 'tards, I think there is some truth to that. I think we signed Folau for more than Cullen is letting on. And if we are over the cap, Ennis has to be our number one priority ASAP.

Folau will earn more money in the 3rd & 4th year of his contract.

I doubt his 1st & 2nd years is $300,000 a year.

seeing our team this yr, i just wish we re-signed everyone and forgot about folau

pennywisealfie said:
seeing our team this yr, i just wish we re-signed everyone and forgot about folau

I agree. I think Moon could do a great job in the centres as well, and he's a LOT cheaper.

The first article has been moved to the gossip section Sport Confidential, it was in the full on Sports section last night. [icon_shru

I wouldn't believe a thing Rebecca Wilson writes.

Had no idea Chewbecca had access to our books.

Did they figure into the fact that Tunza is leaving at the end of the year.

Now, now Kaz, that would be asking just a bit too much of Chewy. Her normally supreme journalism is being hindered at the moment by her Big Bogan commitments!

The only people who know exactly what every player on our roster is on would be Broncos management. and there is no way in hell that they would share that info with the media. especially Rebecca Wilson :roll:

I take any story about a club's salary cap with a big bag of salt. Journos never know the real story.

From what i have heard folau is on a lot more money then bruno cullen is saying. It is supposedly around the 350k mark.

king_johns said:
All i know is folau is on a lot more money then bruno cullen is saying. From what i have heard it is around the 350k mark.

You have only heard that.

We don't know what he is on, as we haven't seen the contract.

The papers had different money amounts as to what the contract was worth over 4 years.

One paper said 1.2 million, while another said 2 million.

king_johns said:
All i know is folau is on a lot more money then bruno cullen is saying. From what i have heard it is around the 350k mark.

You were wrong about Moon/Beale yesterday, why should we believe you?

ningnangnong said:
king_johns said:

You were wrong about Moon/Beale yesterday, why should we believe you?

You don't have to if you don't want to. But the thing is beale was apparently flown down yesterday as joel moon was injured. I was as suprised as you that moon played. Anyway i was wrong, but then again normally my info is pretty spot on.

Active Now

• Reds2011
  • Griffo
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.