Folau Puts Broncos In The Red

guppy said:
It wasn't a stab at you Coxy, but it happens whenever someone comes in with a bit of inside info.

Granted that most of the time it's crap, but has this bloke really given anyone reason to distrust him? I admit I haven't followed his posts too closely, but he hasn't given me any reason to think he's a liar or "full of shit".

OK, maybe you haven't been around as long as me (well, I did start the site [icon_lol1. ) but king_johns has, as far as I can recall, never come up with any "mail" that has come through to be accurate, other than common knowledge stuff.

As player salaries, particularly new players, are strictly confidential between club management and the player's management, I find it ludicrous to read such a statement that Folau is getting at least $350K and that Bruno Cullen is lying.

Cullen may be lying, but where he can pluck a figure out of the air from, crazy. I could just as easily run through the squad and estimate salaries and make it come well under $4 million. In terms of accuracy, it wouldn't be worth the bytes of data storage it'd take in the database!

If we lose all those players for Izzy Bruno deserves a bullet for his piss poor management. It is still all speculation so hopefully it is all crap.

Coxy said:
guppy said:
It wasn't a stab at you Coxy, but it happens whenever someone comes in with a bit of inside info.

Granted that most of the time it's crap, but has this bloke really given anyone reason to distrust him? I admit I haven't followed his posts too closely, but he hasn't given me any reason to think he's a liar or "full of shit".

OK, maybe you haven't been around as long as me (well, I did start the site [icon_lol1. ) but king_johns has, as far as I can recall, never come up with any "mail" that has come through to be accurate, other than common knowledge stuff.

As player salaries, particularly new players, are strictly confidential between club management and the player's management, I find it ludicrous to read such a statement that Folau is getting at least $350K and that Bruno Cullen is lying.

Cullen may be lying, but where he can pluck a figure out of the air from, crazy. I could just as easily run through the squad and estimate salaries and make it come well under $4 million. In terms of accuracy, it wouldn't be worth the bytes of data storage it'd take in the database!

Coxy i know you are probably the most reliable person on this forum and i respect that but if you really don't believe me then you don't believe me, but next time your down the club or talking to someone with info just ask them if moon was sick and beale might have played.

We're already losing Carroll. He'd be on $250-$300K easy. The problems we'll have with the cap are upgrading Hannant, Michaels and Boyd, and retaining Ennis. Our problems are stemming more so from signing Sims, Marsh and Clinton than from Folau I reckon.

As for the Beale-Moon thing, I'm not saying you're lying about that. Could be the case. Seems like an odd thing, tactically, but I don't know.

I just think you're wrong about the cap issue, that's all.

Coxy said:
We're already losing Carroll. He'd be on $250-$300K easy. The problems we'll have with the cap are upgrading Hannant, Michaels and Boyd, and retaining Ennis. Our problems are stemming more so from signing Sims, Marsh and Clinton than from Folau I reckon.

As for the Beale-Moon thing, I'm not saying you're lying about that. Could be the case. Seems like an odd thing, tactically, but I don't know.

I just think you're wrong about the cap issue, that's all.

Fair enough coxy i know it sounds like it is way out there but i have heard something from a fairly reliable source and i thought that some people on this forum might like to know about it. I for one hope that it is not true as i would like to see the broncos resign most of there players but since reading somewhere that the broncos are laying off 2 players i thought that they might just add together.

I don't believe anyone. I'll just wait to see who runs out in our jersey next year. In the meantime there's the 2008 title to win with the guys currently signed icon_thumbs_u

Courier Mail this morning in the EAR section at back of sports pages has some interesting rumours on the Broncos..

IT says that we are stuggling with the salary cap after signing Folau, Bennet is keen on taking a big name signing with him to the Dragons and apparantely he is a big fan of Ben Hannant.

Also says that Joel Moon would look good in A Titans jersey but will the Broncos let him go??

Beads6 said:
Courier Mail this morning in the EAR section at back of sports pages has some interesting rumours on the Broncos..

IT says that we are stuggling with the salary cap after signing Folau, Bennet is keen on taking a big name signing with him to the Dragons and apparantely he is a big fan of Ben Hannant.

Also says that Joel Moon would look good in A Titans jersey but will the Broncos let him go??

Yep, Broncos will let Moon go, almost certainly. Unless he agrees to play for peanuts, which he can't afford to do at this stage of his career.

300k over?

Meh... keep three of Boyd, Michaels, Kemp and Robinson for the two wing spots and let one of them go.

Goodbye Tom Hewitt, and likely Joel Moon too. Those two, along with one of the above, will easily free up 200k+

Bye Bye Kemp or Robinson..

Cant let boyd go he offers so much to the team expecially to cover injuries

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Reds2011
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • upthebroncs
  • RolledOates
  • KevieBurnerAccount
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.