Folau to fullback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PETERN

QCup Player
Nov 2, 2009
Israel Folau targets switch to fullback for Brisbane in 2010

Israel Folau has made a shock 11th-hour bid for Brisbane Broncos's problematic fullback jumper - and the Broncos have Wayne Bennett to thank should he prove their solution.

Folau, initially reluctant to switch to the No.1 jumper vacated by AFL-bound star Karmichael Hunt, has now declared he would love to be Brisbane's new fullback.

The dramatic change of heart was prompted by the tryscoring whiz's shock cameo at fullback for the NRL All-Stars last weekend, which came at Bennett's request.

And after getting his first taste of the custodian role, the 20-year-old superstar would now welcome a permanent switch but fears he may have left his bid too late.

"I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. I didn't think I'd like playing fullback but after having a go, I'd say it was definitely really enjoyable for me," he said.

"I've thought about it more since last week and I'd definitely like to do it if Ivan (Henjak) thought it was good for the team.

More on it on foxsports...

Am locking this thread. Article already posted in the "Who's your Fullback?" thread - can discuss there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Strop
  • winslow_wong
  • Porthoz
  • lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.