Football Operations Review

Article in the CM about the review. Heavy emphasis by the looks on training methods and related injuries. I hope they don’t put our crap season solely down to that though.

Article in the CM about the review. Heavy emphasis by the looks on training methods and related injuries. I hope they don’t put our crap season solely down to that though.
Not a bad start. Though how could you look at the injuries and re-injuries and not seriously question the medical team?

Not a bad start. Though how could you look at the injuries and re-injuries and not seriously question the medical team?
I would love to have the money to run a double page spread in the Courier Fail like Palmer did during the election, just with questions for the Broncos Board and White to answer and then run it for like six weeks every day.

They would still just ignore it, but it would be nice to turn the heat up on them as much as possible.

Anyone able to post the article about the review that's on CM

Most of the CM article was about injury management; Quotes as follows

Darren Lockyer

“Injury prevention has to be looked at,” Lockyer said.

“We had too much talent sidelined and too much of our salary cap not available, so there is the fitness aspect and also the recovery and rehabilitation aspect.

“There was a look at the high-performance program. The people involved in the review have come from a high-performance background. It might not necessarily be in rugby league, but sport is sport and it was about looking at our structures and the performance of all the pillars in the club.

“One of the key pillars to high-performance is communication and standards.

“Preparation is the key to winning but you also want your best players on the field.

“We need to minimise injuries.”

“It was a thorough report with some recommendations,” he said.

“It‘s a good document in terms of having a reference point. Moving forward it will be good for everyone in the organisation from the coaching staff to the executive staff.

“There are lots of different areas in that strength-and-conditioning space. The review was about pulling that all apart and putting it back together ... looking at maximising the athletes‘ ability from a fitness perspective and how we manage injuries if players are on the sidelines.”

Kevin Walters

“I thought they were fit enough but there are a few things that need to change in the football department,” he said.

“Paul and the board have been very supportive of myself and where we want to go as a club.

“I respect what has happened in the review, but Paul has been receptive of the changes I want to make.

“It‘s very clear there needs to be some change and those changes will be on-going. It takes time in some cases to make the changes you want.

“I have my ideas on how to get the Broncos back to where they should be, which is winning premierships.”

There was a look at the high-performance program. The people involved in the review have come from a high-performance background.
So all the quotes are about strength and conditioning and the person they brought in has a strength and conditioning background.

Looks like the board found their excuse for picking up a spoon and rigged the review to oblige

So all the quotes are about strength and conditioning and the person they brought in has a strength and conditioning background.

Looks like the board found their excuse for picking up a spoon and rigged the review to oblige

not at all ...

first of all, i have no doubt the review covered more than injuries ... Locky alludes to that in his comments.

secondly injuries were a major factor ... any team whose roster resembled a hospital ward would go close to the spoon. (FTR, the blame is at least partially put at the feet of Seibolds coaching methods )

not at all ...

first of all, i have no doubt the review covered more than injuries ... Locky alludes to that in his comments.

secondly injuries were a major factor ... any team whose roster resembled a hospital ward would go close to the spoon. (FTR, the blame is at least partially put at the feet of Seibolds coaching methods )
This. It was clear we were underdone on return. Catch up and poor conditioning resulted in above avarge injuries. Then the opposite occurred the guys looked overcooked and thar essentially gets the same results as being underdone. Increased injuries due to fatigue.

I cant stand Lockyer anymore, he is one of the heads that needs to roll in my opinion.

One of the best players to lace on a boot, but i cant help but feel like this knucklehead has played a big part in the downfall of the club.
Footy players, for the most part should stay footy players, assist with the playing group and run the drinks like Alfie, Not make big decisions that will have ramifications on the entire club.
I got bad vibes when it was announced he went in to bat for TPJ after the babershop bubble breach against the rest of the board who wanted his contract torn up.
It speaks of division at all levels and Locky isn't helping.

I am not privy to enough information to make any real calls on him, i just get the feeling that his best talents would be working with the halves, not sitting in the boardroom.

I cant stand Lockyer anymore, he is one of the heads that needs to roll in my opinion.

One of the best players to lace on a boot, but i cant help but feel like this knucklehead has played a big part in the downfall of the club.
Footy players, for the most part should stay footy players, assist with the playing group and run the drinks like Alfie, Not make big decisions that will have ramifications on the entire club.
I got bad vibes when it was announced he went in to bat for TPJ after the babershop bubble breach against the rest of the board who wanted his contract torn up.
It speaks of division at all levels and Locky isn't helping.

I am not privy to enough information to make any real calls on him, i just get the feeling that his best talents would be working with the halves, not sitting in the boardroom.
Smokin Joe mentioned white and Nolan as the one's that need to go asap, which is not to say Lockyer shouldn't as well but without having inside info it's just guessing atm.

This. It was clear we were underdone on return. Catch up and poor conditioning resulted in above avarge injuries. Then the opposite occurred the guys looked overcooked and thar essentially gets the same results as being underdone. Increased injuries due to fatigue.
Understand Devlin has been released and interest shown in Alex Corvo. Hope that happens. Add Henry as an assistant and we’re on our way back.

Understand Devlin has been released and interest shown in Alex Corvo. Hope that happens. Add Henry as an assistant and we’re on our way back.

Love it!

To be fair it's a really important point we need to address. We looked like we collapsed after 20 minutes and had no energy and our injuries/rehab was clearly shit, it's not just bad luck. Look at the top 2 teams, look at their fitness, look at their injury record this year. It's not just luck, it's something we have to address if we want to compete at the business end. Firing the head of performance is a good start.

Man Seibold really knew how to spot talent didn’t he.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • BroncosMan
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Kev_Guz
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.