Football Transfer Thread *Coxy's Favourite*

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Silly season has begun, so i thought we may as well have a separate thread to discuss potential transfers, etc.

Obviously Chelsea have signed Deco. I don't think they really needed him, but Scolari's the manager now, so he'll want to have his 'own' players.

I reckon either one of Lampard or Drogba will head to Inter with Mourinho.

Liverpool are still chasing Gareth Barry, which is pretty much a certainty to happen, whilst Robbie Keane is on the radar, along with Silva apparently.

Also, overnight Rafa Benitez declared that David Villa was 'on his list' although that could be a smokescreen or a tactic to encourage more funds from the owners.

Xabi Alonso's transfer to Juventus is looking less and less likely as each day passes, apparently they want Poulsen from Sevilla i think.

Samir Nasri looks to be joining Arsenal. Excellent signing for them, he is class.

I'm sure the Spanish lads here will pass on their info. icon_thumbs_u

Re: Football Transfer Thread

You left out the only important transfers; Alves, Keita, Cacares and Pique to Barcelona.

I'd love to see Pool sign Barry and Bentley, you guys would be looking better then.

----------Mascherano----------
Bentley----Gerrard------Barry

I'd be getting rid of Benayoun too, if you guys are after the Premiership I don't think he is quite good enough for the class you need.

Sunderland are after Andy Johnson, not a bad signing but I would have preferred Darren Bent, Spurs will probably want a fair bit of cash for him though. I've also read Keane wants to buy Hunt and Lita from Reading. Don't quite know why. We already have 2 left wingers and Lita is sh*t.

Barca seem to be looking solely for a centre forward now and it is between; Adebayor 35m, Villa 40m, Drogba 25m, Milito 20m, Asharvin 25m. But apparently Huntelaar is now being talked up which would be good from a goals stand point and would be cheaper but he adds little other than poaching. I would love to see them get Villa out of this lot but they rejected 30m for him and that was before the Euro's so I hate to think just how much they want now.

I still don't get what Pool see in Barry, Keane would be a step backwards as well. Silva and or Villa would certainly be worthwhile though.

The figures being thrown around for Adebayor are ridiculous.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
I still don't get what Pool see in Barry, Keane would be a step backwards as well. Silva and or Villa would certainly be worthwhile though.

Really? I think Barry is a quality player. Very versitile and a great passer. Robbie Keane on the other hand, I think they could do better than that. They should chase a good second striker or hole player. Someone that could feed Torres well.

FCB BB AKA MB said:

I agree. If pool want to challenge this season Barry is not the type of player they should be looking to sign.

robbie mustoe said:

I find him really unreliable and just a goalsneak.

Much like how some of you find Lampard.

ALSO, apparently Chelsea have thrown a gigantic offer at Kaka. the AC Milan chief said that if they sold Kaka and Pirlo, AC's debt would be wiped clean.

Lachy said:
robbie mustoe said:

I find him really unreliable and just a goalsneak.

Much like how some of you find Lampard.

ALSO, apparently Chelsea have thrown a gigantic offer at Kaka. the AC Milan chief said that if they sold Kaka and Pirlo, AC's debt would be wiped clean.

He needs to produce what he did last season consistently to warrant that type of fee I think.

Kaka would not be a good signing for Chelsea IMO. His ability is overstated I think and he requires time to operate effectively, something you do not get in the EPL.

I think he's got great skill. Better than that rat Ronaldo.

He's got game. And I am just wondering how much Scolari will want to clean house, and if so, how much does Roman trust him?

Because he wants to get rid of Roman's boyfriend Schev.

Lachy said:
I think he's got great skill. Better than that rat Ronaldo.

He's got game. And I am just wondering how much Scolari will want to clean house, and if so, how much does Roman trust him?

Because he wants to get rid of Roman's boyfriend Schev.

Personally I'd take Ronaldo with one leg over Kaka but hey, each to their own.

Sheva will probably go back to Italy. I don't think Kaka would be very effective in the EPL, the same goes for Ronaldinho (it's not like man city had a chance of getting him anyway).

I'd take Kaka over Cronaldo any day of the week, if both players play to their ability, Kaka has more influence over the game then Cronaldo.

fenomeno said:
I'd take Kaka over Cronaldo any day of the week, if both players play to their ability, Kaka has more influence over the game then Cronaldo.

Kaka has the runs on the board in big matches, something Cronnie has yet to do IMO. What Kaka did to Man U in the Champions League the season before last was beyond belief.

I'd say Kaka is more of a big game player, he steps up to the plate a bit more. He gets the attack rolling around him more as well. However Ronaldo can produce more individual brilliance out of nothing. I think I'd go for Ronaldo personally.

If i had to choose between Ronaldo and Kaka, i'd choose Kaka every time.

He is a pure footballer.

The point is irrelevant anyway IMO, Chelsea won't sign Kaka.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.