Football Transfer Thread *Coxy's Favourite*

Scotty said:
Bentley has gone to spurs, good signing. I don't watch a lot of Tottenham games perhaps you could fill me in Russo, What's doing with Aaron Lennon? Was he a regular on the right last season? I'm just wondering how he will slot in if Bentley will play on the right wing.

I watched spurs friendly with Norwich and was really impressed with Lennon, thought he totally outshone Modric! I think Lennon would make a good impact player and I'd say thats primarily how he'll be used. Dos Santos, Bent and O'Hara also both had Great games, Dos Santos in particular was brilliant!

ronnyd said:
Scotty said:
Bentley has gone to spurs, good signing. I don't watch a lot of Tottenham games perhaps you could fill me in Russo, What's doing with Aaron Lennon? Was he a regular on the right last season? I'm just wondering how he will slot in if Bentley will play on the right wing.

I watched spurs friendly with Norwich and was really impressed with Lennon, thought he totally outshone Modric! I think Lennon would make a good impact player and I'd say thats primarily how he'll be used. Dos Santos, Bent and O'Hara also both had Great games, Dos Santos in particular was brilliant!

Lennon will be used as an impact player for sure coming on to use his speed when they are tiring, needs to learn how to cross a ball. No surprise he outshone Modric as it was Luka's first game for the Lillywhites and he was late to start training after Euros, mark my word he will shine.

Dos Santos on the other hand is killing them in the trials, far enough the opposition hasn't been strong but he looks the goods already. Great to see Bent scoring plenty in trials (yes weak opposition again) but scoring 4 on Saturday and another 3 overnight augars well for him replacing........what was his name that Irish fellow [icon_razz1 .

Have to agree with Ning that the one worry is the defence and the injury curse that usually crosses King and Woodgate each season, not sure re our depth.

Depending on Berbatov (I think he'll go to Europe) it's likely we will have one up front, 5 in the midfield and 4 at the back and interesting setup but when you look at the squad the most likely lineup.

I'm actually really excited about our prospects this season........but then again being a Spurs supporter we say that most seasons.

Is Barry going to Liverpool or not for Gods sake?

Also in the BBC rumors section it says this about Ar$e shavin -

"Tottenham must pay £19m to sign Zenit St Petersburg striker Andrei Arshavin as well as make him the highest-paid player in the world."

If that's true he's not worth it IMO. He's not too young and certainly not THAT good to be the highest payed player in the world. God I hate how much money plays a part in the game.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • Mr Fourex
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.