Football Transfer Thread *Coxy's Favourite*

Re: Football Transfer Thread

ningnangnong said:
PROP080729-04-Liverpool_Keane.jpg

rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif

**** yeah! Keane finally where he has wanted to be since he was a kid! Liverpool at heart.. I expect good things.

I wonder what formation Rafa will go with.. Torres does pretty well upfront by himself.

Probably shift Gerrard out to the right where he belongs and sit Keane in behind Torres.. something like..

------------Torres------------
Babel----- Keane----- Gerrard
----- Masch----- Alonso-----

Half the reason Torres was so good last year was because he had Gerrard in the centre of midfield in an advanced position (his preferred position and where I think he plays his best) Playing Stevie wide curbs his ability to hit long shots and to run late into the box, plus his crossing isn't good enough to play as a permanent winger.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Half the reason Torres was so good last year was because he had Gerrard in the centre of midfield in an advanced position (his preferred position and where I think he plays his best) Playing Stevie wide curbs his ability to hit long shots and to run late into the box, plus his crossing isn't good enough to play as a permanent winger.

He wouldn't play as a winger though.

Those three mal has listed sitting behind Torres would swap positions every so often during the match.

If Gerrard was on the right, i'd see it as more of a free role. He could roam around looking for the ball and creating chances. He wouldn't be playing as a winger.

Gerrard should play as a permanent AMC behind either Torres or Torres and Keane IMO he is wasted to at least some extent in any other role.

Gerrard on a few occasions has played his best games when playing on the right, Problem is he hates it ALOT. Hence why Rafa keeps him in middle.

shit, robbie keane???? chelseas off buying deco and possibly kaka, while liverpool is buying robbie fucking keane lol. ugh its gonna be another season of:

Chelsea-Man Utd

Liverpool- Arsenal- some other token team that plays bad football but manages to hang with these 2 for most of the season

everyone else

mal said:
**** yeah! Keane finally where he has wanted to be since he was a kid! Liverpool at heart.. I expect good things.

what a load of crap, Keane was a Celtic fan when he was a kid, just convenientally comes out now and claims he's a scouser to chase the money.
Was gutted by this move at first but to get 20.3 million for him is a bloody good deal for Spurs. Yes he has scored plenty of goals in the last 2 seasons but that is working off Berbatov, can he do the same with Torres I doubt it as Torres will be too quick for him. Time will tell, now we just need to sign a younger striker like Villa or Arshavin or even bring Bentley in but I'm sure Ramos will spend the money wisely.

Russo said:
mal said:

what a load of crap, Keane was a Celtic fan when he was a kid, just convenientally comes out now and claims he's a scouser to chase the money.
Was gutted by this move at first but to get 20.3 million for him is a bloody good deal for Spurs. Yes he has scored plenty of goals in the last 2 seasons but that is working off Berbatov, can he do the same with Torres I doubt it as Torres will be too quick for him. Time will tell, now we just need to sign a younger striker like Villa or Arshavin or even bring Bentley in but I'm sure Ramos will spend the money wisely.

Yeah I love it how everyone who signs for the red scum are all of a sudden life long Liverpool fans.

**** me I hate that club.

Sounding a bit bitter there Russo :P It's funny the few spurs fans I know loved Robbie Keane and all talked him up since he joined Tottenham but now that he's leaving it's nothing but "He's only been playing well because of Berbatov" [icon_lol1.

robbie mustoe said:
Russo said:
mal said:

Yeah I love it how everyone who signs for the red scum are all of a sudden life long Liverpool fans.

Ah Colonel ... you're predictable if nothing else [icon_lol1.

Signing Keane may shore up 3rd place Liverpool!!! [icon_lol1.

Not bitter at all Scotty, was really disappointed that he is leaving, but at the end of the day he was the one who asked to leave and you don't want a player at your club that will sulk around (actually we still have one of them Berbatov) you are better to move on and use the money (which is loads more than he is worth IMHO) to buy a younger version that will work hard for the club.

Bent has already showed he might step up this year and earn the money we paid for him, Dos santos is killing them already even though it is trials, who knows what will happen re Berbatov probably best we get rid of him, we have plenty of money to buy some more quality players and even more if Berbs leaves.

So not bitter, disappointed yes, but in the end it was too good a deal money wise to pass up. Hope he likes the rotation policy of Rafa's

Russo said:
Hope he likes the rotation policy of Rafa's

Maybe not, but I am sure he will love the Champions League :)

Beachy said:
robbie mustoe said:
Russo said:
mal said:

Ah Colonel ... you're predictable if nothing else [icon_lol1.

Indeed I am. icon_thumbs_u

Keane won't be rotated.

And, he stated he was a Liverpool fan in an interview when he was 14.

ningnangnong said:
Keane won't be rotated.

[icon_lol1. No one except Torres, Carraghar, Reina and Gerrard is safe from the Rafa Rotation. Are you suggesting that Kuyt, Voronin and Babel will be consigned to one spot all season between them?

FCB BB AKA MB said:
ningnangnong said:
Keane won't be rotated.

[icon_lol1. No one except Torres, Carraghar, Reina and Gerrard is safe from the Rafa Rotation. Are you suggesting that Kuyt, Voronin and Babel will be consigned to one spot all season between them?

It wouldn't surprise me if Rafa kept playing Kuyt on the right of midfield, and Babel will most likely be played on the left wing IMO. Voronin will be the benched forward. However if Barry goes to Anfield I would expect him to slot straight in on the left though.

------Mascherano/Alonso-----
Kuyt-----Gerrard-----Babel/Barry
------Torres------Keane-------

FCB BB AKA MB said:
ningnangnong said:
Keane won't be rotated.

I'm saying that Rafa won't rotate a 20m pound player.

In fact, his so called 'rotation' is over hyped. He doesn't actually rotate anymore than the other top teams if you check the stats.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.