Football Transfer Thread *Coxy's Favourite*

Re: Football Transfer Thread

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Chelsea....hmmmm, my query is where are they going to play all of these centre midfielders? Makalele, Essien, Lampard, Deco, Ballack, Cole (a born central attacking midfielder) and they want Kaka (who plays best when fairly central). They will play the same boring game hoofing it forward to Drogba to play it down for there half dozen CM's....yawn.

Makelele has gone to PSG, and I would think Chelsea will only actually bid for Kaka if Lampard goes to Inter. I think Man U will probably win the title again, Chelsea will likely need a season to gel before they could really have a crack at it IMO.

Does anyone else get the feeling that this will finally be the season where Arsenal slide out of the top 4?

Scotty said:
Makelele has gone to PSG, and I would think Chelsea will only actually bid for Kaka if Lampard goes to Inter. I think Man U will probably win the title again, Chelsea will likely need a season to gel before they could really have a crack at it IMO.

Does anyone else get the feeling that this will finally be the season where Arsenal slide out of the top 4?

It's amazing that they've only signed Nasri so far this window.

IMO they need a quality defensive mid in order to compete.

I don't think they'll drop out of the 'four' anytime soon. Wenger is one of the best managers in the world, and i'm sure he has some kind of cunning plan for this coming season.

They need Flamini he was developing brilliantly alongside Cesc. They need Diaby, Merida or Song to step up in the void and all are more than capable of doing it. Defense is the big issue for me with Arsenal, if Gallas remains in the middle they will not compete but if they use Toure with Senderos (who is hugely talented, but was very low on confidence) they will be ok provided they don't lose more players. They still have Van Persie, Adebayor, Cesc, Rosicky, Eboue, Toure, Song, Diaby, Bendtner at the club.

Word is Toure has contracted Malaria and will miss atleast the start of the season. I definatley expect Arsenal to be quite active in the remaining transfer window.

Well they definately need another striker IMO

Blackburn have signed Paul Robinson after Brad Friedel went to Villa.

ningnangnong said:
Blackburn have signed Paul Robinson after Brad Friedel went to Villa.

I hope Blackburn have plenty of pie shops to keep him in the style he is accustomed too. Was great for us early on but has gone downhill big-time over the last season and a half.........not sad to see him go.

Apparently Eto'o is now part of Guardiola's plans and they will only sell if a good offer comes rather than offering him to everyone as they have been. If he gets his head right he is brilliant and suits the Barca game so well so hopefully if he stays the change of coach and the absence of Ronny (whom he fell out with at least once last year) will help keep his focus on goals, goals, goals.

Well there have been a few transfers happening the last couple of days

Tanio, Chimbonda, Diouf - Sunderland
Keane - Liverpool
Muntari - Inter

Keane is a bit of a loss for spurs. If they lose Berbatov too then you'd hope Ramos has some decent players in mind. Not that I care, dirty yids :P

Keane & Torres trading goals up front is going to be a great pairing. Great buy for the pool. Now they can get rid of dead-weight Voronin.

Keane will be good buuuut I think I would have preferred someone who was a bit more of a playmaker or a hole striker if you get what I mean. I'm sure he will do well anyway, I'm hoping for Liverpools sake he isn't a flop like Bellamy.

Oh and what a surprise, another Liverpool supporter. No offence mal, but there seem to be alot of you.

What can I say, Liverpool is a great club :)

mal said:
What can I say, Liverpool is a great club :)

Malcolm my man, i didn't know you were a Liverpool fan. Welcome to the club. icon_thumbs_u

Keane is a brilliant signing IMO. He'll fit in with our formations beautifully.

This year will just be another Manc-Chelski fest. Neither the Arse or Pool are signing the quality required to elevate them into contention.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Apparently Eto'o is now part of Guardiola's plans and they will only sell if a good offer comes rather than offering him to everyone as they have been. If he gets his head right he is brilliant and suits the Barca game so well so hopefully if he stays the change of coach and the absence of Ronny (whom he fell out with at least once last year) will help keep his focus on goals, goals, goals.

awesome awesome news, i love eto'o.

PROP080729-04-Liverpool_Keane.jpg

rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif

FCB BB AKA MB said:
img253720_t.jpg

icon_thumbs_u

Pearce off. [icon_razz1

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • Manofoneway
  • broncos4life
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Battler
  • Emanon
  • Harry Sack
  • cento
  • Browny
  • Yellowfella
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Justwin
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.