Football Transfer Thread *Coxy's Favourite*

Re: Football Transfer Thread

Never say never. I'd be more worried if Arsenal didn't keep Adebayor.

messi is better than ronaldo and kaka. :P

but back on topic, if chelsea sign kaka: Chelsea 08/09 champions.

Definate win if Chels grab him.

An unnamed English club have failed with a £19million bid for Zenit St Petersburg playmaker Andrei Arshavin, according to the player's agent.

Arshavin is expected to leave Zenit this summer after an impressive showing for Russia at Euro 2008.

It has been claimed that Primera Division giants Barcelona recently had a £12million offer rejected, with further reports suggesting the Russian champions would only consider selling for twice that amount.

Premier League sides Arsenal and Chelsea have also been linked with Arshavin; however an official approach from either side has yet to be confirmed.

Arshavin's agent, though, has claimed that an English side have failed with a £19million bid.

Sales
"Barcelona failed with a £12million bid for Andrei and now an English club have had a £19million offer rejected by Zenit," agent Dennis Lachter told the Daily Express.

"Zenit want £24million, so clubs who want to sign Andrei will have to get closer to that figure.

"I believe they will because there are clubs interested in Andrei who are trying to sell players first."

"The figure is not easy to reach, but the transfer activity is beginning to happen and I am optimistic he will join a big club.

"I don't know exactly when Andrei's future will be resolved, but we have until the end of August, so we are both fairly relaxed."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 50,00.html

I think Arshavin will eventually go, but for an extremely ridiculous price.

No one knew about him till this past season when he led Zenit to the UEFA Cup, and obviously impressed in the Euro's. He's 27 and has only just come onto the scene. Not worth the amounts they're speaking IMO.

I'd pay £15m for him. But, that's football these days, over inflated prices because of crazy TV deals and what not. [icon_shru

He's 27? Wow I thought he was much younger. Yeah definitely not worth more than 15-20mil

Word is, that the unnamed English club is in fact Arsenal.

ningnangnong said:

Well he fits their recruitment policy.............he's not English [icon_wink

Russo said:
ningnangnong said:

[icon_lol1.

Mate, are you worried at all by the prospect of Keane leaving?

I'd be absolutely chuffed if we somehow snared him.

Real have just thrown down 31 Mil for Van der vaart.

Impressive.

ningnangnong said:
Russo said:
ningnangnong said:

[icon_lol1.

I really can't see it happening as he is a Yid through and through.....now. If he did I would be shattered but the consolation would be if we keep Berbatov.

Our other signing of Modric, dos santos and Gomes are all Quality with a capital Q, and if the rumours about Luis Garcia and Bentley are true things are looking promising.

Russo said:
ningnangnong said:
Russo said:
ningnangnong said:

[icon_lol1.

I really can't see it happening as he is a Yid through and through.....now. If he did I would be shattered but the consolation would be if we keep Berbatov.

Our other signing of Modric, dos santos and Gomes are all Quality with a capital Q, and if the rumours about Luis Garcia and Bentley are true things are looking promising.

He was a massive Liverpool fan growing up i am led to believe and as such, would like a move to a team playing Champions League football. [icon_razz1

Apparently they've agreed a fee for Garcia. icon_thumbs_u

Russo said:
ningnangnong said:
Russo said:
ningnangnong said:

[icon_lol1.

If all the rumors regarding Spurs are true, they'll have 150 players next season!

Portsmouth have nabbed Crouch. 11 Mil pounds.

Lachy said:

Good deal for both parties.

Would've been nice to see Crouchie stay though. One year left on his contract, didn't sign a new one. Wanted regular first team football.

Hopefully he does well for Pompey.

ningnangnong said:
Lachy said:

Good deal for both parties.

Would've been nice to see Crouchie stay though. One year left on his contract, didn't sign a new one. Wanted regular first team football.

Hopefully he does well for Pompey.

Would have liked to see him at Everton, looks like we will hold onto AJ now then.

ronnyd said:
Would have liked to see him at Everton, looks like we will hold onto AJ now then.

On that note, Everton are going to need to sign another striker if they want to progress IMO.

Yakubu's a pretty handy asset to have, Johnson is ok and Vaughan is still fairly young.

Are they chasing anyone?

ningnangnong said:
ronnyd said:

On that note, Everton are going to need to sign another striker if they want to progress IMO.

Yakubu's a pretty handy asset to have, Johnson is ok and Vaughan is still fairly young.

Are they chasing anyone?

I'd hope so, its hard to know tho. Heaps of names being thrown up. Sold McFadden for 6 mill in Jan, but in typical Everton fashion that money seems to have evaporated! We have the smallest squad in the league so we pretty much need players in every position!

Active Now

• Santa
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Scorchie
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Yellowfella
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • mrtij
  • Scdeac
  • Foordy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.