Ford Ranger Cup & now Sheffield Shield FInal *Spoiler*

Re: Ford Ranger Cup FInal *Spoiler*

Super win considering the position they were in. Qld really need to address their batting line up though. It's never been more brittle.

Coxy said:
http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1992-93/AUS_LOCAL/SS/NSW_QLD_SS-FINAL_26-30MAR1993.html

Queensland, beautiful one day, all out for 75 the next.

LOLZ

I remember that like it was Yesterday.

I cried for a week. We were right in the hunt after the first innings and Holdsworth demolished us.
Having a look back though NSW did have a fair line up [icon_ee

Yeah I know. Me too.

Totally forgot a certain AC Gilchrist played in that game as a batsman only for NSW!
Not to mention GD McGrath opening the bowling with Holdsworth...

Coxy said:
ZOMG! They succeeded!

Learn something from that Qld Roar chokers!
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Coxy said:
Yeah I know. Me too.

Totally forgot a certain AC Gilchrist played in that game as a batsman only for NSW!
Not to mention GD McGrath opening the bowling with Holdsworth...

Yep. And to rub salt to what was alreay a big wound of QLD's, that match is where Michael Slater started to edge himself in front of Hayden in the race to be the next Australian Opener.

Yeah, earnt him his spot on the plane to England, and after 3 very unconvincing performances from Haydos in the one dayers, Slater got the test gig.

Coxy said:
http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1992-93/AUS_LOCAL/SS/NSW_QLD_SS-FINAL_26-30MAR1993.html

Queensland, beautiful one day, all out for 75 the next.

LOLZ

The other interesting note from this game was an 18yr old Martin Love made his debut. He has announced today he is calling it quits at the end of this Season.

One of my all time favourites, there were not too many players I've seen who had a better technique then Love. Unlucky to play only 5 Tests, with injuries and the fact he played during a Golden Era for Australian cricket preventing him playing more.

He made over 10,000 runs for Queensland, 29 100's, and a couple of those in Shield finals.
He also become a great slipper in the the 2nd half of his career

He will also be the last to be playing 1st Class cricket in Australia of the all conquering QLD side that won Queensland's first Sheffield Shield. And what an innings he produced to help them win it.

Well done on a Great career Martin Love [eusa_clap.gi

1st QLD Sheffield Shield Winning Team
M. Hayden
T. Barbsy
M. Love
S. Law
A. Border
J. Maher
W. Seccombe
A. Bichel
D. Tazler
P. Jackson
C. Rackemann
12th Man M. Kasperowich

I remember Barsby's knock. He dominated SA so severely :)

I remember AB getting out for 98 I think it was...his last first class innings IIRC.

I remember on the final day I had Uni and I was on the bus when they were like 8 or 9 down in their second innings and Gillespie was just holding them up. I was praying he'd hold them up long enough so I could get home and watch the moment of victory on TV.

They did...big Carl taking that final catch.

I think the icing on the cake was a couple of months later Australia beating the West Indies!

1995 - what a year for cricket in Queensland and Australia!

1 of the greatest weeks ever - at the Gabba for all 5 days.

Watching Barsby, Love and AB take the redbacks apart, absolutely giving it to Gillespie and Harrity with the rest of the boys on the hill, listening to Rupert McCall along with thousands of others as he recited spine tingling poetry about all sorts of Qld and Australian sporting stuff, watching a group of blokes with 20 holes cut in a plank of wood going to the bar and coming back with every hole filled with a schooner - Classic!

Then once stumps were pulled packing into the old Gabba hotel and reliving the days play with blokes who had been waiting 30 or 40 years for a shield victory - it meant so much to so many Qlders.

Ah memories! :-)

I went to day 2 I think it was, the one where they absolutely obliterated SA with the bat. Great day!

The Bulls & The Vics go at it again, this time in the Shield FInal.

The Vics have the advantage as the home side that they only have to draw the game to win the Shield.

With Junction Oval being a batsmans paradise the Bulls look to be up againt it. But it's hard to write off any team that includes the likes of Symonds, Hopes, Watson & Love. And lets not forget the Bushrangers are noted chokers

The Vics won the toss & have elected to bat, but the Bulls are off to a good start - Victoria 1/17 after 10

The Junction Oval wicket has always been a road. Victoria have racked up some massive scores there. Martin Love has a triple century to his name also. A shame the wicket is so batsmen friendly. Victoria only need a draw to win the shield and with the pitch on offer and batting first they are big favourites already.

2/78 at lunch which is a good effort from Qld.

6/281 with twin tons to Hussey and Rogers, plus not much else sees the honours shared on day 1 I think.

Symonds bowled well to get 3 fa, Hopesy got 2 fa as well. Lets just hope the Bulls can knock them over before lunch on day 2 and getting batting without losing clutters of wickets like they usually do!

The bulls are going to need a miracle to win this one from this point.. It is always hard to win the final when the opposition only need a draw to win the match.

i think that rain that washed out day 2 has screwed the Bulls

Unread

Active Now

• simplythebest
  • Old Mate
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.