Former NRL star Daniel Vidot reveals transformation into WWE pro wrestler

Does he look different to when he left league?

Does he look different to when he left league?

Admittedly he does, bulked up quite a fair bit. (more than what he already was)

Reportedly 120kgs by his own measurements.

Ditch the spandex and get a more traditional samoan outfit.

I can remember a time when there was a real debate about whether it would be Vidot or JYY for the wing spot for Qld.

I don't remember much of him while at the Broncos but I saw him play for the GC. A very large and very fast guy who got a big run-up, came steaming onto the ball and abruptly stopped 2 meters from the opposition defensive line. Not once or twice but consistently. Strange. Some would say not hard enough but surely he was hit much harder by just standing in front of defenders like a startled rabbit rather than running between defenders.

Last edited:
I don't remember much of him while at the Broncos but I saw him play for the GC. A very large and very fast guy who got a big run-up, came steaming onto the ball and abruptly stopped 2 meters from the opposition defensive line. Not once or twice but consistently. Strange. Some would say not hard enough but surely he was hit much harder by just standing in front of defenders like a startled rabbit rather than running between defenders.

What?

If there was one good thing about him it was his post contact metres and ability to draw in defenders because of his size.

What?

If there was one good thing about him it was his post contact metres and ability to draw in defenders because of his size.

And because of it, draw penalties. He was very good at it. That, and steamrolling Widdop.

What is more amazing is that Oates has the same ability to start off sets with those hulking runs, but can finish as good, if not better, than the far smaller and more nimble wingers.

Here is a WWE photo. Looks like he's still wearing the shitty stripper outfit though.
DanielVidotWrestler1984W.jpg

I mean. WWE is laughable to start with, but deadset, he looks like an idiot.

Vidot had 2 issues he didnt overcome imo. Couldnt catch, and no ticker.

What?

Post contact metres? In the games I saw that was also true. He would abruptly stop and stand there like a stunned rabbit, the defence far from being pushed back would come up to him and after making contact Vidot would "surge" for another 2 metres. If he just kept running the post contact metres may have been less but the metres gained would have been greater.

Post contact metres? In the games I saw that was also true. He would abruptly stop and stand there like a stunned rabbit, the defence far from being pushed back would come up to him and after making contact Vidot would "surge" for another 2 metres. If he just kept running the post contact metres may have been less but the metres gained would have been greater.
I'm not sure how you've done it but you've obviously confused Daniel Vidot with Aaron Woods..

[EDIT] Pointless

Last edited by a moderator:
Please either discuss or ignore the opinion or topic being discussed, but stop making it about its authors.

The hilarious thing about this thread are people who claim the NRL is a professional sport and WWE is just entertainment.

Um...what?

Seriously, watch Origin on Sunday night or a Channel Nine game or whatever...and then go watch an episode of Monday Night RAW.

You might think there's a Grand Canyon-sized difference between the two...I assure you...you'd be mistaken.

Active Now

• Spoon
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • john1420
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • levikaden
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Tim K
  • BruiserMk1
  • thenry
  • Jason Simmons
  • RolledOates
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mister Wright
  • Griffo
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.