MOTORSPORTS Formula 1

Lewis had a hint of not being happy he was pitting with laps left in the tyres each time, but I think the fact nobody else went 1 stop says it all. Nobody expected that to work and from what we heard, George made the call on his own so fair play.

There ya go, Toto pretty much confirmed. If GR pitted 5th was the best he could have done so they made the call to keep him out expecting Lewis would go straight past him anyways. Russell just maintained a lot more grip than expected late.

Full credit to Russell, he’s all or nothing and wholesale it’s nothing, tonight he nailed it. Just a real shame about Oscar’s final pit stop time loss in hindsight.

Ricciardo 11th in the end 🙄

Hope we see him in RB after the break

Wow Russell stripped of his 1st place finish due to his car being 1.5kg under weight.

Nuts.

Wow Russell stripped of his 1st place finish due to his car being 1.5kg under weight.

Nuts.

Oh that’s cruel but rules are rules in F1, they show no leeway…the NRL could learn a lot there. Shame to lose such a famous victory though.

It all sounds very suspicious if you ask me. They didn’t drain ALL their fuel before weighing?
Imagine the outcry if it was RB.

How good have the last two races been? All these teams catching up with Red Bull has bought the season alive.

But I also think this might really force Red Bull's hand with how close the constructors title suddenly is. There is only 40 points in it.

Pieman up to 4th in the championship...only 10 points behind Leclerc. He has well and truly announced himself.

It will be interesting to see where all these teams come out at after the break.

What a great season.

Ricciardo was pictured with Horner post race. I really hope he gets Checo's seat

Carlos Sainz to Williams...the hell is going on lol?

Sainz to Williams is very cool. When you've got that quality of driver racing at Williams its only going to be good for the quality of F1 as a whole.

Sainz to Williams is very cool. When you've got that quality of driver racing at Williams its only going to be good for the quality of F1 as a whole.

Albon is good as well, might motivate the team to pull their fingers out. I think the uptick in Mercedes, McLaren and Ferrari might make Williams realise a long period of substandardness does not mean they always have to stay down there.

I guess it also confirms that Sargeant is gone but no surprise there, he's been poor and not really shown many signs of improvement.

Podcast with Piastri's Mum

good insight into how Oscar is as a person and how they dealt with him replacing Ricciardo at mclaren.

Oscars Mum is pretty funny lol.

Jack Doohan will race for Alpine in 2025. Wow, that’s a nice result for him. I’ve been watching him since his F3 days. He’s fast but he’s also unreliable, will be interesting to watch.

So two guaranteed Aussie drivers next year, all eyes now turn to Riccardo as Lawson, a Kiwi, is confirmed to have one of the four Red Bull seats, so now it comes down basically to Riccardo v Perez for the final one.

Not a great start for either McLaren driver.

Lando can't start well to save his life but he is flying now.

McLaren given Oscar plenty to do to get on the podium by leaving him out but he is also now very quick.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • barker
  • the_next
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.