Forwards

First hit up - Lodge - bang
Second hit up - Haas - bang
Third hit up - Pangai Jnr - offload
Fourth hit up - Fifita
Fifth tackle - Boyd f*** up.

At least 80% of the team it's going to be great.

I agree with the sentiment above that Pangai gets criminally underrated on here. He's the best offloader in the comp, he has a bit of mongrel, and probably has the best actual skills of our entire pack. On an edge he is an absolute weapon - 50% of the time he's breaking the first contact and offloading. It's not even close to a contest who the better footballer is between butterfingers Lodge and Pangai.

I'm not convinced TPJ is an edge backrower, he's been a complete liability defensively and with errors & discipline when he's played 80 on the edge.

If he wants to make that spot his own he probably needs to lose 5-6kg, improve his motor and work tremendously hard in the off-season on his tackling technique.

And imagine if we had Junior Paulo as our 5/8.
The cut out passes he has been doing at pivot all year have been sublime alongside the pearler that he gave Fergo to score. Boyd eat your heart out!

I'm not convinced TPJ is an edge backrower, he's been a complete liability defensively and with errors & discipline when he's played 80 on the edge.

If he wants to make that spot his own he probably needs to lose 5-6kg, improve his motor and work tremendously hard in the off-season on his tackling technique.

well the good news is we have a few years up our sleeve to work it out..!
[automerge]1567215957[/automerge]
Carrigan and Fleggs should not command big money. It will be up to them. If they are happy they will stay. Fleggs from memory has already said he wants to stay with this forward pack because they see what can be.

Not everyone is a merc and as long as the club is fair and with the future retirements coming there is money to spread out. In honesty it comes down to what these young men want. Money now or glory and money later.

correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't every extension we have had signed this year been for under the market value? Thats why I wouldn't be surprised if we keep Flegs et al on under simply because of the benefit to their playing career by being a Bronco...

Last edited:
Flegler is the obvious one to lose but I would rather lose Joffa. Flegler has some real competitive traits that make him special. I get the feeling once he fills out his body in a few years he will be a real force.

I feel like the success of Haas and Fifita at such a young age, is skewing our perspective on the develipment of our other young fowards.

I tend to agree there. Whilst he is exciting to watch, running on the edge his defence (not his discipline) is his biggest concern. That said there's absolutely no reason a front rower can't be set to run wide sometimes. It used to happen a lot in the past when we had some smaller forwards.
Tpj looks most dangerous when he's given more a free reign. Inside the oppositions 30 he can almost dis-assemble an opponents defence on his own. He'd have to do the hard yards in our half, but even there he shows he is not your conventional player. I would hate it if our coach told him to reign it as he, even more than milf gives us that X Factor that our opponents just can't plan for.

I'm ok to lose Flegler. He's our new Wallace. Always due for a stupid penalty under pressure several times a game.
I think he's already better than Wallace for his age. What Flegs has more than most of our other forwards his he's willing to ratchet the aggression up when needed. I see a very controlled hombre out there and he will only improve with age. Yip he might get stripped too often for our liking at present but that will all be ironed out in the pre-season.

I see a lot of similatities to Thorn in Flegs. He's quiet and unassuming but is as tough as teak. Another year or two in first grade and this guy will be another nightmare for the opposition to worry about.

I think he's already better than Wallace for his age. What Flegs has more than most of our other forwards his he's willing to ratchet the aggression up when needed. I see a very controlled hombre out there and he will only improve with age. Yip he might get stripped too often for our liking at present but that will all be ironed out in the pre-season.

I see a lot of similatities to Thorn in Flegs. He's quiet and unassuming but is as tough as teak. Another year or two in first grade and this guy will be another nightmare for the opposition to worry about.

I'd actually say i see more of Thorn in Carrigan. Flegler to me is the perfect bench forward right now. He is a bit of a loose canon and has that bit of aggression in him.
[automerge]1567232108[/automerge]

Tbf, TPJ has been a liablity with his discipline and errors no matter where he plays and it hasnt improved since he joined us. I think with the forwards we have, backrow is probably where we will get the best out of him. He was playing really well and added another dimenson to our side there. Dont think they are going to drop Gillo though so he will no doubt be dropped back in at lock.

For me, our forward pack in the next couple of years should be

8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Fifita
12 TPJ
13 Carrigan

14 Macca
15 Flegler
16 Joffa
17 Glenn/ Gillett

Last edited:
I'd actually say i see more of Thorn in Carrigan. Flegler to me is the perfect bench forward right now. He is a bit of a loose canon and has that bit of aggression in him.
[automerge]1567232108[/automerge]

Tbf, TPJ has been a liablity with his discipline and errors no matter where he plays and it hasnt improved since he joined us. I think with the forwards we have, backrow is probably where we will get the best out of him. He was playing really well and added another dimenson to our side there. Dont think they are going to drop Gillo though so he will no doubt be dropped back in at lock.

For me, our forward pack in the next couple of years should be

8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Fifita
12 TPJ
13 Carrigan

14 Macca
15 Flegler
16 Joffa
17 Glenn/ Gillett

Not sure Carrigan has the height or the build to emulate big Throny.

More like Peter Ryan

Absolutely. It's a fucking joke and deadset corruption.
Watching TPJ there just fucking pisses me off again that he’s sitting out for 5 FUCKING WEEKS!!! And watch JWH get a 1 match suspension for his hit on old mate tonight...

Not only that, the highlights package for finals on Sterlo's wrap up heavily featured TPJ. Idiots.

Watching TPJ there just fucking pisses me off again that he’s sitting out for 5 FUCKING WEEKS!!! And watch JWH get a 1 match suspension for his hit on old mate tonight...
TPJ's was a Grade 2 charge. The additional weeks were because of loading. It's not like one hit is worth 1 week and the other is worth 5 in isolation.

I agree though that they seem to be pretty inconsistent for the most part.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Justwin
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Scorchie
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.