Four games to go

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
So we have four games left in the run home, how many do you think we will win. I note on LU that some of our greatest fans are predicting we will lose all four. I am hopeful we will two of the four, I think three would be fantastic.

If we pull our heads out, 3 out of 4.

If we don't, we could lose all 4.

But I'm confident we can win 3 out of 4. Dragons, Roosters and Storm.

I think we can win Dragons and Storm, not sure about rabbits and roosters.

i have a feeling that we will belt the dragons this week.

With the Hodges retirement we've got some extra motivation. They are very hard games especially the Roosters game, Easts are starting to look like a premiership team but their defense hasn't been that flash.

Everything hinges on that Roosters game, win that and another and we can stay top two and get the home final.

I think we can win Dragons and Storm, not sure about rabbits and roosters.

I'm never confident when it comes to the storm. I think we'll beat the Dragons and one of either the Bunnies or the Roosters.

I think the Roosters will win. We SHOULD be able to beat the Drags. Other two are difficult to call though.

If we belt the Dragons on Friday I will be confident we can win 2 out of the next 3... Should we loose then I don't hold much hope of winning any. The last 2 weeks have been a good test and we haven't done very well so I've lost a bit of confidence.

Frankly, I don't see why we HAVE to lose any.

probably will lose the storm and roosters games, and win the dragons and rabbits.

Am I right in thinking that we only need to win one more game to guarantee ourselves a top 4 finish?

Am I right in thinking that we only need to win one more game to guarantee ourselves a top 4 finish?

I think we're pretty safe already but one more win would be pretty handy

It won't guarantee us a top 4 spot.

We could still get knocked out if Sharks and Rabbitohs win their remaining games, but that's only if their for and against is better than ours.

If Sharks and Rabbitohs lose a single game, we're guaranteed top 4.

If we do get knocked out, there will be a silver lining. We will finish no lower than 5th.

Last edited:
1. Broncos
2. Cowboys
3. Roosters
4. Sharks

5. Bulldogs
6. Storm
7. Dragons
8. Manly

That's how I've got the top 8 in the ladder predictor onward from this coming round. I gave us one loss against the Roosters, the rest are very winnable. I've got the Sharks in the top 4 surprisingly which I'm interested to see play out. Manly will sneak into the 8 but the single craziest thing I've got Souths missing the 8.

Don't ask my how cause I would've put them around 6th off the top of my head, but if we get our form back, Souths have a seriously troubling run home.

Cows - Away
Bulldogs - Home
Broncos - Home (Allianz, which really isn't)
Roosters - Away...Home? (Allianz again, I don't even know)

That's all 3 top 4 sides plus the Bulldogs who I expect to start making a big push for the finals from here on out. If they lose all of those games plus if certain other things fall into place such has the Dragons and Manly both making the 8, they could possibly slip out and finish 9th.

Truthfully I don't think this will happen, they could very likely beat the Bulldogs AND us if we don't get our shit together. If they jag a win against the Cows in Townsville, I'll be shocked and the Roosters should belt them.

We're in the finals. Probably top 4. The result of this next period is irrelevant. The effort and execution is important.

The Doggies game was there for the taking, but we made stupid mistakes.

This weekend is where we have to take a stand. Where the rut stops. Back to basics where we were at the start of the season.

All the usual suspects are finally playing good footy, but there's a long way to go to the GF. We've hit a bit of a wall, but I think we will be very dangerous in the finals.

We should beat the Dragons. Boys will be fired up. Blair back, which helps a lot. Dragons habe highlighted this in the calendar as their team bonding week away. They might be mentally fatigued.

Rabbitohs - can't wait for this game. It has been circled in the calendar after the Red Wedding-esque round 1 disaster. Will be very interesting to see how Bennett plays around the Rabbitohs' powerplay brand of footy.

Roosters - honestly can't see our way around to a win in this one.

Storm - with Cronk, Smith and co, I can't see a repeat of the Rats of AAMI Park (Tobruk) performance and if they are as clinical in that performance, they should knock us over.

I'm thinking our best chance in the finals is a week 2 ambush, and Bennett more than anyone knows how to craft that. We're not going to powerplay any of the big teams in big games. We aren't that type of footy team, especially without McGuire.

I'm not as worried at the Rabbits as I have been in the past . They've been dreadful.

Active Now

• Broncs1459
  • mrslong
  • Bish
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • whykickamoocow
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Wendall Taylor
  • NSW stables
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • Fatboy
  • ozzball
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Strop
  • Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.