Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I missed the first five minutes but it seemed Scott had some harder runs with the ball than Woods did.

Woods was by far the least effective Australian prop.

Phew I thought Shaun Johnson was going to get that try at the end a bit of help by Darius Boyd to held him up.

Blake Ferguson played really well. Well earned man of the match.

Shaun Johnsons kicking game wasn't good this game at all. last weeks game he was forcing lots of lone drops outs.

Maloney didn't get much time of what I was thinking he would have gotten either.

I thought that was a very ordinary test match, both sides didn't play well and we would've beaten the Kiwis if we had our best team there or where anywhere near our best. Kiwis discipline was very poor and their handling was not much better which I believe was the difference.

Observations

- Blake Ferguson was a clear mom. Made some great runs to get us out of trouble especially how he got out of the in goal. Was very unlucky not to score 2 tries.

- Justin O'Neil was an improvement on Dugan

- Klemmer played his best game for a while. Made some great chargers and made an impact of the bench

- Maloney would've been better at 5/8th than Morgan, I still believe that. Morgan didn't play bad to his credit.

- Frizell definitely should've been playing along with Cronk. Hope Mal doesn't rest players against the Kiwis again.

- Thurston with an 8 in the player ratings :rofl:

- Hope Shannon Boyd will continue to play a part in the team in the future and possibly in Origin as well. Been very impressed by him after having some doubts

It really is a waste of talent when you consider where he is now and where he could be at.

Has really regressed over the past year.

Gets nowhere near as involved, especially using his run game as he used to.

Is anyone else finding the coverage of this event a bit poor. I totally forgot about the games last sunday but even looking within an hour I could not find a reply anywhere, ditto this morning (or am I missing something?)

Did the game start late this morning? Set the recording to go 45mins after it was supposed to end..recording finished 25mins into the first half. If not I guess my Foxtel box fucked up.

Did the game start late this morning? Set the recording to go 45mins after it was supposed to end..recording finished 25mins into the first half. If not I guess my Foxtel box ****ed up.

Yeah the Australia vs New Zealand was at 6.00am I recorded it and watched it when I woke up.

Sometimes my Foxtel box does that on some shows I book it will either wont record it all or will record only a certain amount of it. But my Foxtel box recorded all the game.

Is anyone else finding the coverage of this event a bit poor. I totally forgot about the games last sunday but even looking within an hour I could not find a reply anywhere, ditto this morning (or am I missing something?)

International RL is a joke and what you mention about finding coverage or a replay is at the heart of it.

Zero advertising....zero coverage.....zero people giving a ****.

I think the problem is Channel 9's coverage is a joke.

I quite liked Channel 7's coverage for the World Cup. Pre-game, post-game show, replays, highlights, interviews etc.

We really should stop giving these things to 9 if they are going to do such a piss poor job.

Last edited:
Foxtel is no better when it comes to the International game....I think they are showing a replay, once, then that's it.

I thought the WC with Gem/Ch7 was a farce.

International RL has NFI how to promote or televise the world game.

Foxtel is no better when it comes to the International game....I think they are showing a replay, once, then that's it.

I thought the WC with Gem/Ch7 was a farce.

International RL has NFI how to promote or televise the world game.

How was channel 7's coverage a farce?

They broadcasted all the games live, had a good and motivated commentary team (besides Halligan), had pre game and post match shows and a conveniently timed replay the next day. They did a very good job broadcasting Rugby League for the first time.

it wasn't even main stream Ch7.....it was 7mate / Gem.

Total joke.

Not really, 7mate and Gem (although Gem is 9, not 7) were the HD channels at the time.

Scotlands, Matty Russell try was 'Oates like' awesome.
Bit of a shame they don't have a bigger RL fan base over there.

WAYNE Bennett has been labelled as disrespectful by sections of the English media following another terse post-match TV interview.

England were less than convincing in their come-from-behind 38-12 success over a gallant Scotland in Sunday’s Four Nations encounter at Coventry. However, it was the seven-time premiership winner, not his players, who came under fire after an interview with the BBC’s Tanya Arnold where he once again responded to her questions with a series of curt responses.
“This country is at a crossroads with what we do with the international game,” said former Super League winger Jon Wells, who was co-commentating on the game for BBC Radio.
“I think that interview was nothing short of a disgrace.
“He’s treated a very professional broadcaster with disrespect. “He’s been asked questions in good faith. He might not be happy with the result, but you’ve got to front up as a head coach.” Bennett was appointed by the English RFL on a lucrative two-year contract earlier this year in an effort to raise the profile of a sport that lags well behind football, cricket and rugby outside of its northern heartlands.

His refusal to talk to the media during a four-day visit during the Super League season frustrated his paymasters and his reticence to promote the game has puzzled the rugby league community.
“It’s a difficult job to take and at a difficult time,” Wells said. “Wayne must know, he’s an internationalist and an expansionist, so he understands the lay of the land.

“It’s not just about putting on a good training session and motivating your players.
“You’re an ambassador for the sport in this country. We’re trying to get more people watching and listening to this game.” Harris, a standout player for Great Britain and Wales during a stellar career, echoed Wells’ sentiments.
“When he first came over here mid-season during the Super League, he was here for four days and didn’t speak to the press,” Harris told the BBC. “He is the Alex Ferguson of the NRL. He’s come over here to promote the game and taken it to another level with his profile.
“He has a responsibility to do those types of interview and grow our game. “I thought that interview was shocking.”

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

Obviously the English media aren't very familiar with Bennett.

Last edited:
I have to laugh at the English media ...

Having a go at Bennett for the way he responds to the media.

Surely they weren't foolish enough to think he would change just for them.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.