Four Nations Final - New Zealand vs Australia

Kindly direct your anger at Sheens.

And yes, Jennings has been our best player this whole tournament and easily one of the best centres in Rugby League.

If we had no injuries he wouldn't even be playing..

Would have been great if Channel 9 you know...did their job and actually replayed a pivotal moment that basically decided the entire competition!!

They probably would have played a full screen replay over the last 20 seconds.

The amount of game time that Hunt got was a disgrace.

The fact of the matter is he's two from two. Two test games, two tries.

It was very hard to say that last pass was forward, the touchy called it early so must have been sure but from the only angle 9 managed to show us it was flat at worst.

B2eVrjnCYAAOz8i.jpg:large

Would have been great if Channel 9 you know...did their job and actually replayed a pivotal moment that basically decided the entire competition!!

really hope channel 9 gets taken off the next rights deal.

Channel 9 took the video feed from the Sky Sports coverage as they usually do for games in NZ, so it is up to Sky as to what replays etc get played.

Fair enough Sam.

But 9 have been guilty of this before. Remember the 'play on' call in Origin 3 2013?

Just watched the full replay of the final play, it was 100% a try, the pass was a good 30cm+ backwards and Sione scored it for sure.

The Aussie try where cherry Evans went through should never have been awarded, so even if you think that last one should have been a try the Aussies still shouldn't have won. Watching live I said forward pass as soon as he threw it, so wasn't surprised at the call.

Congrats to New Zealand I thought they were the better team tonight and throughout the tournament.

The better team won without a doubt, but even though we were playing under the spastic sheenius with an almost C-grade team, we still would've won with correct ref decisions on the first NZ try (clear forward pass to Nightingale) and the last, where despite not one replay from the Kiwi broadcasters, it seems Mata'utia scored a legit try. The DCE obstruction play is really no more than 50/50, and Foran was clearly committed and was no chance of ever getting close to DCE anyway.

Regardless, it would've been a farce if we won with this joke of a team. I hope this is finally the end of Sheens as the aussie coach!

The Aussie try where cherry Evans went through should never have been awarded, so even if you think that last one should have been a try the Aussies still shouldn't have won. Watching live I said forward pass as soon as he threw it, so wasn't surprised at the call.

The name of the penalty is obstruction and not one player was obstructed so it was perfectly fine. Lukes pass from dummy half was so far forward that Joey thought SKD was the one who picked it up. Both teams were fucked around by the C Grade Super League ref and half the time he was just guessing. He had no idea. It was weird how much NZ got away with when crowding the play the ball though.

It doesn't matter if anyone was obstructed, you cant catch the ball on one side of a decoy runner and run behind them to the other side.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if anyone was obstructed, you cant catch the ball on one side of a decoy runner and run behind them to the other side.

Just because no one was hit in the head, he still swung his arm at head-height so it's a penalty.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.