Four Nations Squads

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
New Zealand: [FONT=&quot]Gerard Beale, Adam Blair, Jesse Bromwich, Lewis Brown, Greg Eastwood, David Fusitu’a, Tohu Harris, Shaun Johnson, Jordan Kahu, Solomone Kata, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Thomas Leuluai, Issac Luke, Simon Mannering, Te Maire Martin, Manu Ma’u, Jason Nightingale, Kevin Proctor, Jordan Rapana, Joseph Tapine, Jason Taumalolo, Martin Taupau, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak. [/FONT]

Meninga really needs to pick a strong forward pack to win this. Cant afford to carry second rowers acting as props. He need to pick big props to combat that kiwi forward pack which is huge.

Kangaroos squad: Cam Smith, Darius Boyd, Shannon Boyd, Boyd Cordner, Cooper Cronk, Josh Dugan, Blake Ferguson, Jake Friend, Tyson Frizell, Matt Gillett, Valentine Holmes, Greg Inglis, David Klemmer, James Maloney, Josh Mansour, Trent Merrin, Michael Morgan, Matt Moylan, Justin O'Neill, Josh Papalii, Matt Scott, Sam Thaiday, Johnathan Thurston, Aaron Woods

Some notes
Parker & Gallen told no farewell
Tamou didn't get a run
Joey Leluia, Chambers & Croker didn't get a run. Dugan did (how the **** does this useless **** get picked) & so did Ferguson
Holmes seems like the token pick for the sharks
Fifita and Radradra weren't considered
The overall look for youth seems to be lost in the halves with the Maloney selection. He is 30 ffs

Mcguire dropped was a bit of a shock

What an atrocious squad. Maloney isn't young enough to be the next half off the rank post-JT or Cronk, so why pick him? Dugan and Ferguson are dead set useless and have been liabilities in every rep game they've played. Fifita, as much as I loathe the grub, deserved to be picked, so did Matt Prior. Mansour, despite being great in club footy, is terrible at rep level. Merrin is overrated. Klemmer is now the Mitch Marsh of rugby league: an instant lock for rep sides despite doing doing showing absolutely nothing since a single OK origin game: media favourite. O'Neill LOL, where the hell is Chambers? Moylan was absolutely rubbish in origin this year, but the NSW media want to believe that he's the next Locky (they can keep dreaming, I certainly won't be worried about him being picked for origin sides in the future). McGuire and Tamou are a bit unlucky.

On the plus side, Shannon Boyd is sort of a random pick when there are better in form props around, but he's had a very good season. Holmes is a future rep player. Frizell is a good pick.

EDIT: No Semi, BJ, or Oates is a disgrace. I legitimately hope NZ run six plus tries down Dugan and Fergo's flank.

Last edited:
Don't mind the Shannon Boyd pick. Blokes been in cracking form and has been rewarded for it. Dugan and Ferguson on one side of the field is just begging for trouble

At least Radradra wasn't picked, that selection was infuriating

How hard is it to just sit around and watched 26 rounds of footy and the finals series and pick the 24 best players from Australia?

Maloney's a good pick, bearing in mind he's only backup for JT/Cronk. Playing well, and he only has to see it through to the end of next year for the world cup. I don't believe Milford's game management skills are good enough and there are no other halves banging the door down. After the World Cup next year, and as JT/Cronk/Maloney retire, we will see the emergence of the good crop of younger halves coming through (Milford/Taylor/Elgey/Cleary etc).

Last edited:
Apparently Milford is going to play for Samoa this weekend.

Does anyone know the full team now if so post it here or paste the link?

1. Boyd
2. Mansour
3. Inglis
4. Ferguson / O'Neil
5. Holmes
6. JT
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Woods
11. Cordner
12. Gillett
13. Merrin

14. Morgan
15. Papalii
16. Thaiday
17. Klemmer

That's how I see us lining up. It's a reasonable team, though I think depth in the backs is a major concern.

In favour of omissions in Semi and Fifi Box. Surprised no Parker or Gal though, I thought both would be amongst the first picked.

So they picked McGuire earlier this year just so he couldn't play for Samoa anymore? Picked Radradra so he couldn't play for Fiji?

Picking Klemmer and Boyd over Tamou and McGuire is just mind-numbing.

On the plus side, glad to see Frizell picked. Mansour I'm more than ok with but as mentioned, Dugan and Fergusen (especially since Dugan is picked as a centre) over Oates, Croker, Chambers and Gagai is just inexcusable.

So likely team:

1. Boyd
2. Mansour
3. Inglis
4. Dugan
5. Fergusen

Compared with:

1. Boyd
2. Radradra
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Oates/Mansour

Hmmmm...

1. Boyd
2. Mansour
3. Inglis
4. Ferguson / O'Neil
5. Holmes
6. JT
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Woods
11. Cordner
12. Gillett
13. Merrin

14. Morgan
15. Papalii
16. Thaiday
17. Klemmer

That's how I see us lining up. It's a reasonable team, though I think depth in the backs is a major concern.

In favour of omissions in Semi and Fifi Box. Surprised no Parker or Gal though, I thought both would be amongst the first picked.

I reckon Frizell will start at lock and Merrin will be a squad player and rightly so, he is a gun.

Team for the test in Perth

1: Boyd
2: Mansour
3: Inglis
4: Dugan
5: Holmes
6: Thurston
7: Cronk
8: Woods
9: Smith
10: Scott
11: Cordner
12: Gillett
13: Frizell

14: Maloney
15: Papalli
16: Klemmer
17: Merrin

Active Now

• Strop
  • broncos4life
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Justwin
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • cento
  • bb_gun
  • bazza
  • winslow_wong
  • jd87
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • unnerv1ng
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.