Four Nations Squads

Some real head scratchers for the Aussies. Dugan and Fergo, really! And to be honest, as much as I really dislike the guy but Fafita should have been one of the first picked. This game should be real interesting. NZ forward pack is very impressive as is their bench and back three, so basically there whole team. This is going to be tough!

You're not the only one doing that. Pretty pathetic to change allegiance.

I'm happy with Maloney being picked in the side. If JT or Cronk get injured he is the next best on current form. Not concerned about blooding younger players

Why aren't you concerned about that? This four nations should be all about preparing for the World Cup, hell it was even the reason given for why Gallen and Parker aren't in the squad.

Picking Maloney is not preparing for the World Cup.

Last edited:
I'll be supporting NZ for this game, don't agree with plenty of the selections and omissions from the Australian squad.

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3. Solomone Kata
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Te Maire Martin
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Isaac Luke
10. Adam Blair
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Simmon Mannering
13. Jason Taumalolo

14. Tohu Harris
15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
16. Martin Taupau
17. Manu Ma'u

Now that's a team I can support.

Hopefully Adam Blair doesn't go doing anymore chicken wing tackles haha

Last edited:
I'll be supporting NZ for this game, don't agree with plenty of the selections and omissions from the Australian squad.

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3. Solomone Kata
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Te Maire Martin
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Isaac Luke
10. Adam Blair
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Simmon Mannering
13. Jason Taumalolo

14. Tohu Harris
15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
16. Martin Taupau
17. Manu Ma'u

Now that's a team I can support.

I could never go for NZ over the Aussies.

well ... almost never. the one exception to my rule is whenever Mundine goes up against a Kiwi. I will support whoever is fighting Mundine, hoping to see Mundine on the canvass

I'm happy with Maloney being picked in the side. If JT or Cronk get injured he is the next best on current form. Not concerned about blooding younger players

Why aren't you concerned about that? This four nations should be all about preparing for the World Cup, hell it was even the reason given for why Gallen and Parker aren't in the squad.

I agree. While I think Maloney is probably the form half outside of Thurston and Cronk, if you're going to select a team to prepare for the future, then he can't be in it.

what i don't agree with is Maloney on the bench, I don't think he adds any value to the side, unless Thurston or Cronk go down. if we want a utility in the side, then we are better off going with someone who can fill in in the backrow, hooker or centers if needed

Last edited:
Any Australian who is gonna barrack for the kiwis obviously doesn't know one personally. They are insufferable when they beat us. Go Australia!

You're not the only one doing that. Pretty pathetic to change allegiance.

Nearly as pathetic as supporting Josh Dugan and Blake Ferguson, but not quite! I'll take the lesser of two evils.

I could never ever bring myself to cheer against Australia especially for the Kiwis. Feel sick just thinking about it.

To the guys complaining about picking Maloney and not looking to the future, perhaps they have picked Moylan as the young half? He did play 5/8 in the last origin and is supposed to be destines for the halves. And Maloney deserves a call up and I would be most confident with Maloney in the halves if one of ours went down for the series.

So which half do you suggest? No one really put their hand up in a big way.

Winning isn't a forgone conclusion like years ago. My first priority is winning the four nations. No young half gets game time with JT and Cronk there unless one goes down. In that situation it's too high stakes.

Last edited:
I agree. While I think Maloney is probably the form half outside of Thurston and Cronk, if you're going to select a team to prepare for the future, then he can't be in it.

what i don't agree with is Maloney on the bench, I don't think he adds any value to the side, unless Thurston or Cronk go down. if we want a utility in the side, then we are better off going with someone who can fill in in the backrow, hooker or centers if needed

I wouldn't think Maloney would be on the bench at all. He is second string and cover if shit goes down.

So which half do you suggest? No one really put their hand up in a big way.

Winning isn't a forgone conclusion like years ago. My first priority is winning the four nations. No young half gets game time with JT and Cronk there unless one goes down. In that situation it's too high stakes.

I would have Milford in there getting experience, Maloney's time for Australia has passed.

I would have Milford in there getting experience, Maloney's time for Australia has passed.

I get where you are at. But I would hate for Milfs crappy form (and attitude in my opinion) to be reinforced by selection for his country.

I'm happy to have players like Hunt and Milf miss out so they can have a good think about where they are at. 12 months ago though I would have thought either Hunt or Milf would be penciled in.

Last edited:
The World Cup is next year right? Picking Maloney as back up half makes a lot of sense. It's not like he has just come on to the scene and is a bolter. He has earned his spot. Milford was underwhelming in the back half of the year and Morgan is in the squad. Taylor and Cleary aren't ready yet and Hunt has gone backwards ever so slightly this year. Maloney would compliment JT or Cronk well should one of them go down. I can't believe I'm sticking up for him but given he is only back up, I think he is actually the best choice, especially when it might just be what Milford needs to actually want it and work for it next year and when you consider the alternatives are DCE and Pearce.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • maddo
  • jarro65
  • kiwibronco
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.