Four Nations Week 2

But yeah got to agree that was a great game of league, in fact I got more satisfaction from that match then I did a lot of the NRL matches this year.

Roberts confirms his position as dumbest player ever in Rugby League.

That one is up there with his game where he kicked from the scrum when there was absolutely nothing on. One of the more brain fart prone players I've ever seen.

Leilua nearly stole it right at the death.

I feel for Samoa. They were the better team for the majority of the contest but just couldn't convert their opportunities.

Good gam - Samoa doing their bit to keep International Footy exciting.

They've easily been the best team in this competition so far IMO. Quality halves and a decent goal kicker and we're looking at 2 different results I think.

Very enjoyable game here Samoa are really taking it to New Zealand and if they can continue with what they are doing and if New Zealand don't step up there is every chance of an upset. The Kiwis have been blatantly robbed of 2 tries though but their execution in attack especially out on the left side is hurting them.

I'm assuming one of those no tries you're talking about is the Bromwich no try?

That wasn't a try. It should have been a penalty to Samoa. It was a clear double movement.

Replays showed the ball touching the ground, and then he makes a second effort. Right in front of the ref..

Last edited:
Are you going to join the SJ fan club? Me and @Ari Gold have been on it for a while.

Naaaaah, I'm an admirer and think he could be a fantastic ambassador for the game but I'll stop short of sporting SJ budgy smugglers. Just hope he can kick on, he's been sort of at this level since 2011, as a neutral I'd love to see him take the next step.

After the 3rd try to Samoa, did anyone else think that sideline commentator kind of sounded like a Kiwi Clint Eastwood?

That's right. The SJ fan club is very discriminative and forbids people with blindness from joining.
Well, that's a contradiction, given you're a member...

That was disappointing for Samoa.

Should have held him up but once again, McGuire caught out in defence. It's the big flaw in his game.

Which try was that. McGuire was everywhere and into everything. Had a huge game.

The final try to SKD.

Nightingale took it to the line, one of the Samoans had him down low, it was McGuire's job to lock up the ball but he failed and then couldn't cover it.

It was a blemish on an otherwise strong performance from Josh but I can't help but feel those are the sort of defensive efforts that the rep selectors tend to notice.

It was a blemish on an otherwise strong performance from Josh but I can't help but feel those are the sort of defensive efforts that the rep selectors tend to notice.

I think you are overestimating the selectors. They have no problem picking players much worse in defence than McGuire.

Not in the middle.

It's the one weakness I notice a lot on replay. I just about burst an eye vessel when I see him & Gillett make a tackle together.

EDIT: Do want to stress that he should have been in the Australian squad regardless because the Kangaroos are missing four of it's starting prop forwards but just pointing out that his size and defence is what hurts him in this arena despite boasting some of the best numbers of any available prop forwards.

Last edited:
NRL stats had him at 42 tackles, none missed. But they don't count ones that he simply didn't get to.

Or soft efforts and an inability to prevent offloads.

Hunt & Klemmer to debut for the Kangaroos.

Last edited:
Congrats to Ben Hunt who would've thought he would be representing Australia at the end of the year at the start of the year. Well done to both Hunt and Klemmer and good luck to them.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Mister Wright
  • Skathen
  • barker
  • Foordy
  • lynx000
  • johnny plath
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • dasherhalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Brotherdu
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Brocko
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.