French Open 2009

Federer much improved last night. It really annoy me that he doesn't play poorly against those who are good enough to punish him as I really do think he is poor when challenged (unlike Nadal who is generally superb). Del Potro has been playing quite impressively of late and the power he gets behind his groundstrokes is nothing short of amazing. Unfortunately though, he's far too 1 dimensional to take out Federer and I can see the Swiss Pussy winning in 4. Gonzalez is the only one who has a hope of stopping him, and I doubt he will. Federer will get the career slam that his talent is deserving of, but that he as a competitor is not (IMO).

Ari Gold, are you a new south welshman by any chance? :P

Ari Gold said:
Federer much improved last night. It really annoy me that he doesn't play poorly against those who are good enough to punish him as I really do think he is poor when challenged (unlike Nadal who is generally superb). Del Potro has been playing quite impressively of late and the power he gets behind his groundstrokes is nothing short of amazing. Unfortunately though, he's far too 1 dimensional to take out Federer and I can see the Swiss Pussy winning in 4. Gonzalez is the only one who has a hope of stopping him, and I doubt he will. Federer will get the career slam that his talent is deserving of, but that he as a competitor is not (IMO).

I think you sell Fed short just a little bit. Sure he doesn't have that amazing mentality that a Nadal or Tiger Woods has but you don't get as far as he has in his career (possibly the greatest the sport has ever seen) without being a superb competitor. He is beyond the pinnacle of his career and he is finding it hard to adjust both mentally and technically and have a young brash guy like Nadal giving it to him and being so mentally strong just makes it that bit harder for him.

Both semis go to 5 sets...Federer vs Soderling, Switzerland vs Sweden.

Might actually be worth watching for a change.

Could well be, hopefully the pressure is all too much for Soderling and its an easy final for Federer he needs as few nervy moments as possible lol.

Yes, because he's a weakminded fool with no competitive spirit....it's a joke he ever won a Grand Slam tournament much less was number 1. Shows how shit the rest of the world was for so long :P

Coxy said:
Yes, because he's a weakminded fool with no competitive spirit....it's a joke he ever won a Grand Slam tournament much less was number 1. Shows how shit the rest of the world was for so long :P

[icon_lol1. You forgot the dots...I just think he obviously isn't not playing great tennis because the guys he is beating he has beaten much more easily just a season or two ago and this is the summit for his career, he knows many will call him the champion of all champions if he wins it so he will be feeling enormous pressure to finally win a French.

Congrats roger! Champion at last! And you've beaten nadal to the career slam... He'll have to wait until the us open in september or whenever it is.

Hopefully roger can win wimbledon and beat sampras's record.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.