Friday Match Selection

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Premiers 2006: Brisbane
Premiers 2007: Melbourne

Yet, the main game in NSW on Friday night wasn't the Premiership winning sides, but the Willie Show.

Does anyone else not find this mildly disturbing, ignoring the usual shenanigans around ratings?

You're in NSW though, the majority of people in NSW who follow league are not storm or broncos fans.
I'm pretty sure Roosters and doggies fans living in Sydney would have been a bit pissed off and confused as to why they would show a game of two different interstate clubs first, much the same as us in Brisbane had they of shown the Roosters vs dogs game first up here.

Not really, Caniffe. Although yeah, the whole Mason vs Williams hype concluded with an anti-climax on the feild as predicted. But at the same time you can't ignore the ratings side of it. Neither Brisbane or Melbourne are NSW based and naturally, being ratings driven, Nine will show a match between two Sydney teams in prime time in NSW. And they got the ratings they were after, over 450K in the Sydney market. The second game still rated well though, around 300K. Nine will be happy with that, and making Nine happy is all Dave cares about.

Of course you are spot on Rocky.
.We in Qld would be going off the brain if we got the Sydney side game first even if the dirty channel 9 NRL rulers do put our game on 1hr late while daylight saving is on.

I must agree with afew here, it is Sydney and if I supported a Sydney team and they showed the first game with 2 non-Sydney teams... I'd be up in arms about it.

See, I've been against the 2 Friday games and have voiced/whinged about it most of last year.

If they just have the one game on Friday, it'll be so much better because the second game is sometimes too late!!! Plus I HATE watching a delayed Broncos game. I reckon ch9 should have a Sunday night game straight after 60 Minutes, they'll pull in the ratings for sure.

Hitman you are among the masses who hate 2 games on Friday nights.
I wonder why they went ahead with it this year as the ratings for the 2nd one must go down.
It is just too late after working all day and sitting through a game full of adds at that hour.Unless of course it is your own team playing.(Luckily for us Qld people we havnt had to do that.)

I to hate replays of our game.Feel a jerk screaming and yelling and telling them what to do and they are in the showers or tucked up in bed and already sad or happy. icon_smile

I love the Friday night double but can easily see why a lot don't. Just suits how I already spent my Friday nights (at my Bro's with a bunch of mates watching footy listening to music) but for those who have to work Saturdays and those who have long Fridays I can see how it would be a bit late in finishing.

I dont mind it to be honest. It means that I get to see more Bronco games than usual. The 11:30 finish does suck, but delayed is better than not seeing the game at all [icon_wink In the first 7 rounds, 5 are on Friday night. Not too sure if we would have that many if there was only one game on the Friday night.

Remember that, by the same token, an out-of-form Broncos against the team running last will also be shown live into Qld on a Friday night even if there was a top of the table NSW clash on at the same time, and that infuriates many beyond belief too.

**** happens!

Broncos are not out of form too often though.Injuries yes.Form NO.
Goes both ways.Maybe NSW would like to see the Broncs playing a top NSW side first and not too crappy NSW sides playing.

1 Game Thursday
1 Game Friday
2 Games Saturday
2 Games Sunday
1 Game Monday
1 Game Tuesday

1 Day without footy would be farking awesome

The problem from a Bronco fan's perspective is that we never get any Sunday arvo games anymore.

We always play awesome in the daytime.

Kee said:
Broncos are not out of form too often though.Injuries yes.Form NO.
Goes both ways.Maybe NSW would like to see the Broncs playing a top NSW side first and not too crappy NSW sides playing.

that does happen though occasionally. The Good Friday match between the Broncs and Chooks was live in NSW while the Bunnies v Dogs was the delayed game - fat lot of good that did for those of us that went to the game though! [icon_lol1.

Nashy said:
1 Game Thursday
1 Game Friday
2 Games Saturday
2 Games Sunday
1 Game Monday
1 Game Tuesday

1 Day without footy would be farking awesome

I like your theory but Tuesday is stretching it I would love to see.

1 Game Thursday
1 Game Friday
2 Games Saturday
3 Games Sunday (1 Lunchtime KO, 1 Early Arvo KO, 1 Twilight KO)
1 Game Monday

Channel 9 will alwys put a QLD team on Friday Night Footy apparently.

I like the Fri-Mon system we got now. You know teams are going to complain about playing on Tuesday or Thursday.

4 games in one day is too many. If we're dumping the second Friday game I would keep Monday.

I'm still trying to get my head around Hopoate at center, it just doesn't make sense to put him there if he hardly plays there for his club [icon_shru
asdasdasdasdasd

Active Now

• Rah88
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Financeguy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • Big Del
  • Manlyman
  • Browny
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • Evander
  • Allo
  • armchair
  • Stix
  • Gaz
  • Rambstien
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.