OFFICIAL Gamble re-signs

Hopefully as a depth only if someone’s injured player.

he’s been shown up to be very limited in ability. Getting under a teams skin once a month and slagging off like a superstar doesn’t make him one.

Be great to keep him around as depth. I think his defence is suspect but he can throw a decent ball.

he’s been shown up to be very limited in ability. Getting under a teams skin once a month and slagging off like a superstar doesn’t make him one.
I think that's a bit unfair to say he goes off like a superstar. It's just a natural passion he cant hold in and whilst he is annoying to opposition, it is not grubby or dirty. He is also harsh on himself during games when he ***** up.

I get the impression that Gamble would be the first to put his hand up and say he is not the most talented player but has a genuine joy and excitement to be playing.

I do agree though that he is a depth player if we are serious about being contenders but i think he is perfect to play about 4 games a year due to injury or suspension and he would keep people honest at training.

I think that's a bit unfair to say he goes off like a superstar. It's just a natural passion he cant hold in and whilst he is annoying to opposition, it is not grubby or dirty. He is also harsh on himself during games when he ***** up.

I get the impression that Gamble would be the first to put his hand up and say he is not the most talented player but has a genuine joy and excitement to be playing.

I do agree though that he is a depth player if we are serious about being contenders but i think he is perfect to play about 4 games a year due to injury or suspension and he would keep people honest at training.
I just don't like it as much as everybody else seems to. I hate it when that Luai **** gets in peoples face and I don't see much difference in what Gamble does.

Goat, I think that's a little harsh! You'd have to think if DoubleD, Walters and Ikin believe he's worth keeping and even extending combined with another club making overtures that quite a few think he's at the very least capable of a decent first grade game. Not saying you're completely wrong here, just a tad harsh!

I just don't like it as much as everybody else seems to. I hate it when that Luai **** gets in peoples face and I don't see much difference in what Gamble does.
I have no problem with Luai doing it, he's dominating and he's earned it. Being chirpy after one series is brave, some might even say stupid, but he just has to be prepared to wear whatever comes his way when he's not killing it and it goes the other way or he becomes a target. Justin Hodges did it his whole career and luckily for him he was rarely ever bested or made to look stupid over it. Perhaps Luai won't be so lucky.

As for Gamble, well he's been in and out of NRL football regularly and every game at this point could quite literally be his last at this level, so I'm inclined to forgive im for being constantly fired up and wanting to soak it all up, good or bad. God knows if any of us got even a sniff of NRL footy with no idea when our time would be done, we'd all very likely treat it exactly the same way.

Happy to sign him up... hoping that we also sign Albert up though.

Next year we'll have Reynolds + Staggs (sigh) with Croft and Gamble as back ups... but I would prefer Albert in that group as a back up as well, given he looks the most competent out of him, Croft and Gamble.

Croft is the issue at the moment... would like to move him on, because he's on way too much to be depth

At least he plays like he actually gives a **** if we win or lose.

Something this team has been lacking in a lot of key positions for far too long.

Awesome, as others have noted he's definitely not the most talented player getting about but his passion and energy is surely infectious. I love what he brings! Also I'd look dumb if I changed my avatar to him from Lodge only for him to up and sign for Newcastle or something lol.

These are the types of signings you need to make to compliment the superstars.

Is he a superstar? Absolutely not. Is he a first grade standard player? Yes.

Importantly, I'd imagine he can also cover quite a few positions to a competent enough level, so you need these depth players at worst or solid first graders at best. Plus he is competitive and his performance means something to him, sets a good example for others.

But I'll be happy after the verbal agreement becomes a signed agreement.

But I'll be happy after the verbal agreement becomes a signed agreement.
Yeh gees, it seems that lately we sure do love a pinky promise to maybe consider looking at discussing the terms of a potential agreement that we can then look to flesh-out the finer details and perhaps execute in due-course…

Must suck seeing a half put in effort after what we've had to put up with for the past few years. He's all effort whereas our previous superstar was all natural talent and absolutely zero effort.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.