OFFICIAL Gamble re-signs

Another leak to the press, gives other clubs like the Storm to up their offer to Gamble and make him think twice before signing on the dotted line. Fk Broncs are shit at keeping secrets. Loose lips sink ships.
Thats what happens when a media company owns the team.

There has to be a level of arrogance involved when you get up and Ric Flair someone in the face....
View attachment 13954

woooooooo!
Ric was also just loving every second "I'm Ric Flair! The stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' and dealin' son of a gun." and Gamble gets this quote also "I was really good at being a bad guy; I like that role. Not being bad to people— just talking bad."

Ric is my favorite entertainment athlete of all time.

If he starts doing the ric flair strut and bounces off the ropes i will be on board with you.
DisfiguredWateryAiredaleterrier max 1mb

Ric was also just loving every second "I'm Ric Flair! The stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' and dealin' son of a gun." and Gamble gets this quote also "I was really good at being a bad guy; I like that role. Not being bad to people— just talking bad."

Ric is my favorite entertainment athlete of all time.

Gamble brings way more to our team then being a half able to take on the line and pass. Seems like he's the only thing resembling a captain in our team.
He also got dropped for Karmichael hunt for being limited in what he can offer. Jumping up and down like a frog in a sock doesn’t make you a captain

He also got dropped for Karmichael hunt for being limited in what he can offer. Jumping up and down like a frog in a sock doesn’t make you a captain
That’s more on kevvie than on him tbh. It’s because he’s a seibold signing isn’t it.

That’s more on kevvie than on him tbh. It’s because he’s a seibold signing isn’t it.
Kennedy is a seibold signing and I rate him. Even said as much when pies was still coach

We just can't give him too much money. Not because he doesn't deserve a proper NRL-value contract, but bevause his aggression and charm come from the fact he is a part-time footballer filling in for a $1 million half, and even if he has one tenth of the talent he is going balls-out to do his job anyway. He is allowed to get in other team's faces in an antagonistic way because, compared to him, they are overpayed ballerinas with expensive cars and tens of thousands of social media followers. He's the little guy fronting up to the superstars and he's exactly what the Broncos need to get back to. Not pampered princesses who think the club owes them something or the Broncos jersey makes them a star. Tough, uncompromising hard heads who want their jersey covered in grass and mud and to tell the story of a hard fought battle.

..and got the results we deserved.

I'll take jumping around like a frog in a sock then anything anyone else has served up for captaincy in the last 4 years.

It could also be because Gamble has shown more emotion, passion and desire in his very short Broncos career than Milford ever has in close to 200 games. Fans easily recognise this and can’t help but get behind Gamble. It’s infectious and everything Milford is not.

It could also be because Gamble has shown more emotion, passion and desire in his very short Broncos career than Milford ever has in close to 200 games. Fans easily recognise this and can’t help but get behind Gamble. It’s infectious and everything Milford is not.
It has nothing to do with Milford.

I'm not alone in not thinking Gamble is much chop. I'd rather Kelly get a spot over Gamble which hopefully is still able to happen - he's shown a shit load more in far less time.

I dont anticipate Staggs will last long at 6 so I hope Kelly is around to assume that role and it doesn't fall to Gamble.

It has nothing to do with Milford.

I'm not alone in not thinking Gamble is much chop. I'd rather Kelly get a spot over Gamble which hopefully is still able to happen - he's shown a shit load more in far less time.

I dont anticipate Staggs will last long at 6 so I hope Kelly is around to assume that role and it doesn't fall to Gamble.
The comparison is more than fair; Gamble and Milford are both halves, yet are polar opposites.

FTR, I also hope Kelly (I do note you’ve stopped calling him Jelly now that he’s proven your initial assessment of him wrong) gets first shot at 6 with Reynolds, but absolutely support keeping Gamble. Gamble has that characteristic this team has sorely lacked since Hodges and Parker retired. He wants to win, he absolutely hates losing and he despises the opposition.

He is the sort of bloke we need rubbing off on other players, even if that is only during the week at training. His ongoing presence and relentless competitive nature might even harden up some of the other sooks we’ve got in the squad that have, through no fault of their own, been shown the ropes by our soft leadership group of the last few years.

The comparison is more than fair; Gamble and Milford are both halves, yet are polar opposites.

FTR, I also hope Kelly (I do note you’ve stopped calling him Jelly now that he’s proven your initial assessment of him wrong) gets first shot at 6 with Reynolds, but absolutely support keeping Gamble. Gamble has that characteristic this team has sorely lacked since Hodges and Parker retired. He wants to win, he absolutely hates losing and he despises the opposition.

He is the sort of bloke we need rubbing off on other players, even if that is only during the week at training. His ongoing presence and relentless competitive nature might even harden up some of the other sooks we’ve got in the squad that have, through no fault of their own, been shown the ropes by our soft leadership group of the last few years.
Jelly was just for lols I never had an initial assessment of him that could be considered to be wrong.

I just prefer a leader to not be complete goose but I’m loath to even call Gamble that.

anyway the topics got a bit more air time than it probably deserved. Hopefully just a depth signing min-ish wage contract

He was sick all week

Jelly was just for lols I never had an initial assessment of him that could be considered to be wrong.

I just prefer a leader to not be complete goose but I’m loath to even call Gamble that.

anyway the topics got a bit more air time than it probably deserved. Hopefully just a depth signing min-ish wage contract
The comparison with Hodges’ characteristics and personality has been made by quite a few people already and I think it’s a fair one. There is no way anyone (well maybe there were a few) would have thought early career Hodges would develop from sledging antagonist to inspirational leader. But he did.

No doubt Gamble doesn’t have the skills of Hodges, but I think it’s fair to say that he’s more captain material than most in our squad.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • theshed
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • jd87
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Midean
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.