OFFICIAL Gamble re-signs

I tend to agree with BG. I can only see him as a viable utility bench option UNLESS he can add something more to his game, like ability to play lock or centre even.
Pretty much

If he could get....bigger....faster......more agile..........generally better.

I love it when he fires up. He just can't get it up

for every game. He's got limited ability.

The signing is certainly nothing to get nude about......it is what it is.
Hope we haven't gone stupid with the cheque book.

Pretty much

If he could get....bigger....faster......more agile..........generally better.

I love it when he fires up. He just can't get it up

for every game. He's got limited ability.

The signing is certainly nothing to get nude about......it is what it is.
Hope we haven't gone stupid with the cheque book.
Just out of curiosity, what is worth getting nude about?

He needs to fix up his discipline if he wants to be a regular.

Must be something there if the rumors were true that the storm and their moneyball system saw something in him.

Upto the coaches to make him a better player.

Tend to agree with Bronsgoat, Gamble is a depth half and cult hero at most.

He’s been handy this year due to a lack of options but not being Milford isn’t a good enough retention policy.

Tend to agree with Bronsgoat, Gamble is a depth half and cult hero at most.

He’s been handy this year due to a lack of options but not being Milford isn’t a good enough retention policy.
That’s where you and he are wrong.

How often has it been highlighted that the Broncos need to stop paying on potential and / or overpaying players and stop trying to have superstars in every position. Rather, we need to balance out our squad with either solid first graders who just get the job done or blokes who lift the culture of the place up and bring the standards up via their attitude and work ethic and complement the strengths of our squad. Indeed, it looks like the DD and Ikin regime is charting this very course as we speak.

So I have to say I disagree. Not being Milford (which you’re using in the context of being the opposite of him) ticks almost every one of those boxes.

If Gamble is being paid a fair and reasonable wage that reflects his status in the game as described above, I simply fail to see how it can be a bad thing.

Replace the blokes who turn up and think they should be paid because of who they are, rather than what they bring to the team.

How often has it been highlighted that the Broncos need to stop paying on potential and / or overpaying players and stop trying to have superstars in every position. Rather, we need to balance out our squad with either solid first graders who just get the job done or blokes who lift the culture of the place up and bring the standards up via their attitude and work ethic and complement the strengths of our squad. Indeed, it looks like the DD and Ikin regime is charting this very course as we speak.

So I have to say I disagree. Not being Milford (which you’re using in the context of being the opposite of him) ticks almost every one of those boxes.

If Gamble is being paid a fair and reasonable wage that reflects his status in the game as described above, I simply fail to see how it can be a bad thing.

Replace the blokes who turn up and think they should be paid because of who they are, rather than what they bring to the team.
I hope we do re-sign him a low wage but I don’t think he is starting 17 in a good squad. That’s just my opinion though. I do love the attitude he plays with though.

Wrong? I said hopefully as depth.

he is limited and to suggest otherwise would be generous.

people arguing with me on this are probably the same ones who were taking shots at me last year when I said dearden was average.

Things certainly looking up!
2yr extension
8E2B6190 31E0 4E74 8F8B C44ACBFBD162

Tough and hard-working forward Kobe Hetherington has extended his stay with the Brisbane Broncos for another two seasons.​

The 22-year-old who made his NRL debut in the upset win over the Roosters at the SCG earlier this season has signed a contract extension to the end of 2023.
The Rockhampton product played Queensland Under 20s in 2019 and has played Intrust Super Cup for Norths Devils and Souths Logan Magpies over recent seasons before getting his first crack at the NRL in Round 11.

In choosing to remain a Bronco, Hetherington joins Kotoni Staggs, Jordan Riki, David Mead and exciting youngsters Brendan Piakura, Teui “TC” Robati and Selwyn Cobbo – as well as new signings for 2022 Adam Reynolds, Kurt Capewell and Brenko Lee – who have all committed to the Club in recent months. That core of long-term loyal Broncos also includes Payne Haas, Pat Carrigan, Herbie Farnworth, Tom Flegler and Ethan Bullemor.

The son of former Bulldogs, Seagulls, Queensland and Kangaroo hooker Jason Hetherington, Kobe earned his NRL debut off the back of outstanding form for the Broncos Affiliate Magpies in the opening two months of the Intrust Super Cup.

Playing at lock, he averaged 140 run metres, 53 post-contact metres and 31 tackles per game, as well as crossing for five tries, and making 21 tackle busts across his six ISC games in 2021.

He continued his strong showings so far in his five NRL appearances, with robust defence, high workrate and as well as barging across for a maiden NRL try at Suncorp Stadium against the Storm in Round 12.

Broncos Coach Kevin Walters said: “Kobe is a player of strong character that suits the type of person we need to have on our roster – he’s honest & hardworking and is well respected at our club.”

Teammate Jake Turpin said of Hetherington: “Kobe is one of those players who if he is next to you, then you know that he’s not going to let you down. He’s tough as nails and he puts everything on the line with each and every run and each and every tackle.”

broncos.com.au

Great news. Has been impressive so far in what he has provided the team, just seems a real no nonsense tough nut that doesn't mind doing some hard work.

Was saying to a mate during the Sharks game that so far Hetherington was on my good list as far as our new players go so very happy he is committing to the club

I get the feeling that these core group of players are extremely close and that’s exactly what we need moving forward.
Haas, Carrigan, Staggs, Turpin, Flegler, TC, Hetherington, Herbie, Cobbo, Bully, Niu, Riki and hopefully Reyno can be the dad to the group.
None of them seem to think they’re too big or too good for anyone else.
Things certainly starting to look up without the likes of Lodge, TPJ, Milford & Glenn moving forward.

I get the feeling that these core group of players are extremely close and that’s exactly what we need moving forward.
Haas, Carrigan, Staggs, Turpin, Flegler, TC, Hetherington, Herbie, Cobbo, Bully, Niu, Riki and hopefully Reyno can be the dad to the group.
None of them seem to think they’re too big or too good for anyone else.
Things certainly starting to look up without the likes of Lodge, TPJ, Milford & Glenn moving forward.
I bet Glenn wants to be the dad.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Bronx48
  • Wolfie
  • Midean
  • westy316
  • Volvo Driver
  • Organix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • BroncosMan
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.