OFFICIAL Gamble re-signs

Yep, I do think we need more of a running 5/8 beside Reynolds. Gamble will be great as depth/utility.
We just have to remember that Gamble has only played a handful of games in the NRL and it is a big step up to ISC.
He is still learning as he goes and if not a starter next year , he could make a pretty good utility. He could possibly cover the halves, hooker and possibly centres.

Wrong? I said hopefully as depth.

he is limited and to suggest otherwise would be generous.

people arguing with me on this are probably the same ones who were taking shots at me last year when I said dearden was average.
Yes, you’re right, you did say that.

However, your refusal to recognise anything good in Gamble though (as just one glaring example, his steely determination in everything he does highlighted no more than by how he didn’t just waltz into an NRL team, he had to work for it) is what I think you are wrong about.

I guess I just don’t understand why it has to be so absolute? You’ll either wax lyrical about a player or have nothing good to say about them. Players like Mick De Vere made careers out of being nothing more than solid first graders. De Vere was never a stand out, he wasn’t flash. But what he did do was work harder than just about everyone else and as a result he went on to play for NSW and Australia because he was reliable and did a job. Now more than ever, the Broncos need more players like him.

I don’t think anyone has even gone close to suggesting Gamble is a superstar, but equally, he has the capacity to bring what players like De Vere did to this team.

Hopefully as a depth only if someone’s injured player.

he’s been shown up to be very limited in ability. Getting under a teams skin once a month and slagging off like a superstar doesn’t make him one.
Gamble is exactly the kind of bloke we need in this team.
Talent wise he may be ISC, but attitude, desire to win, energy, passion - these are all first class, and sadly missing from our team. Sure he probably gets beaten to the 6 by Kelly but I'd be bending over backwards to have this guy in 17 somehow.

Type of no nonsense hard tackling player we need more of! Well done

I would’ve been sad to lose him tl the dogs. Our young forwards stocks are chockers.

Lessssgo

When I saw old man Hetherington was in the box with Kevvie on Sunday i had a good feeling that we were getting his services for longer. Two years with NO PO is a wise move by both parties. I'm sure his stocks will rise further over the next couple of seasons. I have said before he reminds me of a young Peter Ryan. Has all the makings of a silent assassin. His skinny mo is so in keeping with the character too.

I'm very happy that they retained this guy. He is a hard nosed workaholic who seems to read the game well despite his tender years. Something that is in very short supply with this club.

He may never reach any great heights in the game and may even struggle to become a regular first grader in the long run (a bit like Gamble). But when he does get his chances, we will know that he will give everything that he's got (a bit like Gamble). Every successful team has players like Kobe and he may even be around if and when this club becomes relevant again.

Hopefully as depth he’s not that goo….

Jk.

Good signing 🤙🏼

Hopefully as depth he’s not that goo….

Jk.

Good signing 🤙🏼

Like you really, not that goo...

Jk

Good posting

happy to have him retained ... good first signing for Ikin

Hopefully we get to see a bit more of his running game in first grade, he hasn't really shown much in attack, yet was running for an average of 140m in Queensland Cup.

Wrong? I said hopefully as depth.

he is limited and to suggest otherwise would be generous.

people arguing with me on this are probably the same ones who were taking shots at me last year when I said dearden was average.
Tony Daerdine is anything but average mate!

Just out of curiosity, what is worth getting nude about?
View attachment 13972

That’s where you and he are wrong.

How often has it been highlighted that the Broncos need to stop paying on potential and / or overpaying players and stop trying to have superstars in every position. Rather, we need to balance out our squad with either solid first graders who just get the job done or blokes who lift the culture of the place up and bring the standards up via their attitude and work ethic and complement the strengths of our squad. Indeed, it looks like the DD and Ikin regime is charting this very course as we speak.

So I have to say I disagree. Not being Milford (which you’re using in the context of being the opposite of him) ticks almost every one of those boxes.

If Gamble is being paid a fair and reasonable wage that reflects his status in the game as described above, I simply fail to see how it can be a bad thing.

Replace the blokes who turn up and think they should be paid because of who they are, rather than what they bring to the team.
Not totally disagreeing with you but.........Gamble's best that we've seen is his first and last games he's played in the NRL.
The games he's played in between have been pretty ordinary.

I suspect we'll see a lot more ordinary games than the ones that he fires up in.

Glad to have you on board as we turn this good ship Bronco around Kobe...

Good deal for both player and club..

Keep em coming...

Its good to have discussion about a polarising player vs. how shit we are or how much our coach sucks :happy:

I like Gamble as a low value squad player. I think he is great to have in the 25 man squad but not great to have in the first choice 17 run on squad.

Awesome option to call on 3 or 4 times a year when needed though.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Organix
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Astro
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fatboy
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • jarro65
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.