Game 1 - Post Match Discussion

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
:rockon::rockon::rockon:

As a QLDer, NSW were definitely being butt pumped by the refs. Disappointing performance from us even though we won. Didn't look like anyone except for Tatey was trying at all.

Tate was awesome. I was a little unsure about his selection, but he was absolutely boss. :respect:

Seriously I feel so proud of Tate.

He might get exposed later like Chello did but to me it doesn't matter. To come back from what he's been into and to rip and tear when no one else was prepared to sums him up as an Origin great in my book. He was the catalyst in 06, he kept us in it tonight and he is definitely a Queenslander I'm proud to represent me.

As a QLDer, NSW were definitely being butt pumped by the refs. Disappointing performance from us even though we won. Didn't look like anyone except for Tatey was trying at all.

My thoughts exactly.
Congratulations QLD.

I knew that Tate wouldn't let us down but be absolutely excelled out there. Deadset origin legend.

Broncoman said:
Congragulations well done.

Thanks dude.

NSW seemed better in general player, but didn't even look like scoring without Queensland dropping the ball.

Tate was beast.

Gillett looked like he was left behind by the pace. Actually all the Qld forwards were poor.

If that was QLD on the end of the NSW calls tonight then I think there'd definitely be a lot of upset people. I have no issue with the Jennings sin bin, even if it is Origin you can't make it acceptable that in our showcase game a guy runs in from nowhere to punch a bloke in the head.

However, I think the Inglis try was a pretty dud call. If that happens anywhere else on the field the ref just rules a knock on I think.

NSW played a very good game, and their forwards did a great job early on. The bad news for them I think is that despite playing so well, they now have to win 2 in a row, and against the talent of the QLD team, it's hard to think that they will be as relatively poor twice in a row after having already been so tonight.

And can I just say, what a dud decision Buhrer was. His service from dummy half wasn't as crisp as Farah's as his running out of there and his vision in general just isn't on par with Tigers' hooker. What purpose he served tonight I'm still not sure, and I can't imagine he was a better selection than, well, just about any other viable option.

I thought Gillett actually energised us a bit off the bench, may have been the fresh legs factor.

Big props to BroncosMan too. You cop a hard time here but you're a passionate Blue and your boys tried their best tonight. This is going to be an amazing series.

Great that the Maroons won but what a poor game of footy. NSW scored their two tries from high kicks; Qld scored their points on the back of penalties and an interesting video ref decision. You know it's an average game when the winger is the best player on the park. Tate and Hodges were great. Cronk was very average but hopefully he'll improve.

Although i'm a Blues fan to the bone you gotta admire Brent Tate for what he did. His career was in tatters and in jeoprady 2 years ago and here he is thriving in the toughest arena of them all.

If that was QLD on the end of the NSW calls tonight then I think there'd definitely be a lot of upset people. I have no issue with the Jennings sin bin, even if it is Origin you can't make it acceptable that in our showcase game a guy runs in from nowhere to punch a bloke in the head.

However, I think the Inglis try was a pretty dud call. If that happens anywhere else on the field the ref just rules a knock on I think.

NSW played a very good game, and their forwards did a great job early on. The bad news for them I think is that despite playing so well, they now have to win 2 in a row, and against the talent of the QLD team, it's hard to think that they will be as relatively poor twice in a row after having already been so tonight.

And can I just say, what a dud decision Buhrer was. His service from dummy half wasn't as crisp as Farah's as his running out of there and his vision in general just isn't on par with Tigers' hooker. What purpose he served tonight I'm still not sure, and I can't imagine he was a better selection than, well, just about any other viable option.

I think Buhrer did alright for a rookie. He'll be better in game 2. So will Carney.

Giving credit where it's due, I thought Farah stood up tonight.

Gallen may get MotM here.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • johnny plath
  • The Don
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • kiwibronco
  • Kev_Guz
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.