Game 1 - Post Match Discussion

you seem to be forgetting that a charge down is NOT a knock on, therefore its STILL a try.

But I'm not saying the Inglis scenario was a chargedown. Was using it as an example of when consciously moving the hands was not a factor in determining that a player has indeed "played at the ball".

ie. you don't have consciously move your hands to touch the ball in order to be playing at the ball.

Last edited:
after Harrigans press conference i dont know why we're still having this conversation really.

farah dislodged the ball, be in intentionally or unintentionally. this means it is NOT a knock-on against inglis.
inglis did NOT in any way shape or form try to regather the ball after it was dislodged, therefor there is no knock-on.
the ball hit the ground, inglis grounds it by putting his hand on it. try.

its pretty straight forward.

100%.
Surely there was to be a hard and fast rule on this. I just think there should be no kicking allowed to stop a try. Harsh but it is the only way to prevent any really dangerous stuff from happening. If you do it should be penalty try.
Allowed to slide under, slide in and use thighs and what not but no 'kicking' motions.

If that was the case, we would still be here arguing whether or not farah "kicked" at it

Atnet0OCEAAEFvT.jpg

For all the Blues supporters, I got something for you to get that sand out of your vagina.

You can't lead in with the foot to impede the try.

Simple way of doing it.

You can't lead in with the foot to impede the try.

Simple way of doing it.

well thats the rule in the NRL now, its just virtually impossible from what ive seen to find an actual rule book/guidelines for Origin.

You got a copy of that rule handy AP?

Would be a great help.

You can actually see Farah change his centre of gravity, he was heading one way (ie. towards where the ball was going before Inglis picked it up), and then you see him react quickly to Inglis in the process of putting it over the line, he then places his weight onto the left-side of his body so he can raise his right leg out towards Inglis' hands. Thus, he was playing at the ball. Correct decision.

You can actually see Farah change his centre of gravity, he was heading one way (ie. towards where the ball was going before Inglis picked it up), and then you see him react quickly to Inglis in the process of putting it over the line, he then places his weight onto the left-side of his body so he can raise his right leg out towards Inglis' hands. Thus, he was playing at the ball. Correct decision.

Absolutely. The key is it was intentional. That's plain and simple. He literally kicked at the ball, assuming "to kick" means an intentional movement of the foot towards the ball, whether you want to call it "leading with the foot" or not.

Should have been a penalty try. As I understand the rule, you can't kick at the ball when it's held by an opponent, be it dangerous or not.

:lol: This NRL on Fox edition is hilarious.

So. Much. Sooking.

NSW have no real creativity to add to a composed, disciplined shape and structure.

Instead, they hope their salvation lies in desperation, frenetic shapeless plays, predictable lateral passing and hoping one of their "X factor" players does some magic.

They might come close, but they'll never win with that style of play last night. Qld are totally onto that strategy and it showed last night. NSW tries were opportunist good luck, while the Maroons created some superb rugby league, albeit too rarely, and our defence coped easily with almost every NSW raid, except of course for the lottery balls.

Stuart is a shite coach so far.

Last edited:
NSW have no real creativity to add to a composed, disciplined shape and structure.

Instead, they hope their salvation lies in desperation, frenetic shapeless plays, predictable lateral passing and hoping one of their "X factor" players does some magic.

They might come close, but they'll never win with that style of play last night. Qld are totally onto that strategy and it showed last night. NSW tries were opportunist good luck, while the Maroons created some superb rugby league, albeit too rarely, and our defence coped easily with almost every NSW raid, except of course for the lottery balls.

Stuart is a shite coach so far.

Hang on - weren't Queensland's two tries down to Uate rushing up out of position unnecessarily? That's not a creative attacking play, that's a defensive lapse. NSW were a handful for the Maroons last night. There was nothing between the two teams.

NSW need better support play. I remember a number of times when Williams or Gallen and co managed to get their head through a tackle, looked to pop a killer offload and found nobody in support. Brett Stewart needs to follow T-Rex like he is Boyd and Tony is WB.

Sorry, Buhrer AND Creagh.

Tariq Sims for Creagh and instead of having a bench hooker just have another prop like Aaron Woods.

If they insist on a bench hooker than Ennis is a better choice than Buhrer but I reckon Farah is more than capable of playing the full 80, he does it every week anyway.

Tariq Sims for Creagh and instead of having a bench hooker just have another prop like Aaron Woods.

If they insist on a bench hooker than Ennis is a better choice than Buhrer but I reckon Farah is more than capable of playing the full 80, he does it every week anyway.
Sims is out with a broken leg

Sims is out with a broken leg

Oh damn... Well there is still heaps of better options. Anyone is better than Creagh, he aint good enough for origin.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • bert_lifts
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Thelmus
  • NSW stables
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fatboy
  • Griffo
  • Galah
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.