PRE-GAME Game I 2019

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I'm not a fan of how Kevvie is carrying on either. Mentor or not he can listen and do it his own way if he wants.
This isn't the way Qld do things, it's very NSWs like IMO.

I never got the massive amount of hatred towards DCE. Inglis backflipped on us, Papali backflipped on Parra, Tedesco backflipped on the Raiders, Luke Lewis on Souffs and so on, I'm sure there are other examples.

As far as your analogy goes the company owner fucked up big time. He went to the media to trumpet the new signing knowing there was a get out clause and nothing was settled.
What would you have done in the same situation?? you agree to a job elsewhere then you current employer says I'll double the offer if you stay. Remember that you have a limited amount of time in the job and you have responsibility to your wife and kids.
It is a no brainer IMO, you take the cash, end of story, 99% wouldn't think twice and the 1% would think about it and do it anyway.

I never liked Inglis either, I was one of many that said I didn't want him here second time around when the rumours started up(the legitimate ones, not the O'Dowd ones) for that very reason. He had his chance and disrespected us.

I very may well have backflipped for more money, but I wouldn't have lied through my teeth for 6 months promising the other company they could lock me in Eddie.

I never liked Inglis either, I was one of many that said I didn't want him here second time around when the rumours started up(the legitimate ones, not the O'Dowd ones) for that very reason. He had his chance and disrespected us.

I very may well have backflipped for more money, but I wouldn't have lied through my teeth for 6 months promising the other company they could lock me in Eddie.
Of course it's no lie if you belived that to be true. It's only a lie when people judge you after the fact .

If it was just one situation with Cherry-Evans I'm sure fans would be happy to look the other way like they did with Luke Lewis and Josh Papalii. However, his relationship with past team-mates has left a lot to be desired and his public persona isn't great either. He hasn't really mastered the art of conducting interviews and while players give fake answers all the time, DCE has an awful poker face.

Fans also have long memories and recall how poorly he played in the 2014 and 2015 series.

None of this DCE stuff matters. He's in. If he wins, like game 3 last year, he's a(n) (origin) legend. If QLD lose he'll be scapegoated. The natural order.

If it was just one situation with Cherry-Evans I'm sure fans would be happy to look the other way like they did with Luke Lewis and Josh Papalii. However, his relationship with past team-mates has left a lot to be desired and his public persona isn't great either. He hasn't really mastered the art of conducting interviews and while players give fake answers all the time, DCE has an awful poker face.

Fans also have long memories and recall how poorly he played in the 2014 and 2015 series.
I agree Pete, he comes across like a politician trying to give clever evasive answers to straight forward questions.
As far as being off with his Manly team mates he was being asked to take a back seat so certain players weren't moved on. When he didn't fall into line they butchered him by leaking stories of how unpopular he is supposed to be.
It amazes me how often so called tough men spit the dummy when others don't comply with their self interest.

article removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do QLD fans hate DCE so much? Yeah he did backflip on the titans but their fan base makes up about 0.0000000000001% of QLD rugby league fans

Last edited:
Why do QLD fans hate DCE so much? Yeah he did backflip on the titans but their fan base makes up about 0.0000000000001% of QLD rugby league fans

Because the general perception of him is a massive twat

The old guard of JT, Cronk, Slater and Smith didn’t like him, so no one else did, at least publicly

Plus playing for Manly does you no favours

For my part, I’m glad he’s there

Because the general perception of him is a massive twat

The old guard of JT, Cronk, Slater and Smith didn’t like him, so no one else did, at least publicly

Plus playing for Manly does you no favours

For my part, I’m glad he’s there
I don't like any of those blokes. They're all cheating whingers. Maybe DCE is the good guy then?

giphy.gif

Kevvie seems very nervous and he is acting strange. Not allowing the players to mention NSW is almost making them a laughing stock. Hopefully it’s all building up to a QLD ambush but I’m not convinced.

This new Kevvie we're seeing seems like the kinda guy who would go into a business meeting and talk about shit like 'synergy'.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Stix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Skathen
  • broncoscope
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Bongo
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • leon.bott
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
  • Fatboy
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.