OFFICIAL Game II Queensland Side

Can't wait to see Hess fold Maloney in half as he's kicking and have the NSW media label it a dog shot that cost them the match for the next three weeks.

If Glasby really is in the team to help shut down Fifita, then he needs to start. Assuming the normal forward rotations, he would spend very little time on the field with Fifita if he plays from the bench. My only concern is that we'll lack metres early on and start the game well behind the 8-ball.
Glasby is there to keep the middle tight when the starters are off.

He's a prop he's there to stop everything that comes at him in the middle not just Fifita

Let's all be right ok. Your and Dels opinion makes sense but then there's this.

However, the 22-year-old flyer still reckoned he had some 2016 regrets after being targeted in the air — and coming up short.
The rangy Brisbane winger revealed he had to work hard in the off-season to overcome the disappointment of his butter-fingered 2016 displays.
"I had to get my head around it, try and forget what happened last year," Oates said.
"But now it's a new year. I like to end training on a good note by catching five or six [bombs] in a row and that has helped me in the first four games.

If Oates drops the ball its a bonus . The game plan is get Oates from a standing start then contain him . And the next 3 rucks .
If you think the game plan was to make Oates drop the ball . You are not seeing the bigger picture .

The kicks were hang time kicks . To make him plant his feet and wait . Acceleration from a standing start is not his strength . Kicks that were contested might have been appropriate if they wanted to test his catching .

Kicks that were contested might have been appropriate if they wanted to test his catching .

Which Pearce was also putting up, sometimes NSW just weren't in good enough field position and would kick into a corner which is halfback 101.

I expect the kicking game will be the exact same if NSW find themselves in a similar position.

Napas mission should be to launch himself into fifita whenever he has the ball. Don't let him get any confidence and momentum up.

Gotta remember Fifita is a fucking idiot. Take his legs out, wrap his arms up - easier said than done, of course. But if QLD do that, he will come up with typical Fifita dumb shit. Frustrate him.

Gotta remember Fifita is a fucking idiot. Take his legs out, wrap his arms up - easier said than done, of course. But if QLD do that, he will come up with typical Fifita dumb shit. Frustrate him.
Fifita is difficult to contain because of his footwork if he sees someone coming out of the line he'll slow up and head sideways... and by sideways I'm talking 30-40m from where he started and then all of a sudden he's into the backs.

Actually thinking about it I'm pretty sure when Fifita does go sideways from the middle, it's more often than not that he'll head to his right so he can use his left arm fend. If that's the case we just need to rush up on his right side to contain him and lock down that fend. I can't remember him ever ball playing before the line to counter either... like literally ever

Fifita is difficult to contain because of his footwork if he sees someone coming out of the line he'll slow up and head sideways... and by sideways I'm talking 30-40m from where he started and then all of a sudden he's into the backs.

Actually thinking about it I'm pretty sure when Fifita does go sideways from the middle, it's more often than not that he'll head to his right so he can use his left arm fend. If that's the case we just need to rush up on his right side to contain him and lock down that fend. I can't remember him ever ball playing before the line to counter either... like literally ever

Gotta make that first contact hurt. Far too much trying to wrap and hold, need one on him high quickly and another in low on him. They let him run too much in game one, a lot of those pathetic slapping tackles that do nothing. I think our middle will be a lot tighter in game two, and we'll be attacking the shit out of NSW - keep Fifi and co playing catch up.

Gotta make that first contact hurt. Far too much trying to wrap and hold, need one on him high quickly and another in low on him. They let him run too much in game one, a lot of those pathetic slapping tackles that do nothing. I think our middle will be a lot tighter in game two, and we'll be attacking the shit out of NSW - keep Fifi and co playing catch up.
Yeah I'm pretty much thinking the same except the hard contact should come from his right side. He can't defend that as he has a left arm fend. He also he has zero ball playing before the line as he likes to make contact and offload.

Gillett showed how it's done in Game 1.

In one tackle he went hard around the legs and dropped Fifita. Unfortunately, it was already too late. The damage had already been done.

I'm pretty sure I saw his own gut ankle tap him at one stage in game 1.

Not sure if we can mock Fifita for having a gut, that gut destroyed our pack in game 1.

He's not just another Georgey Rose.

I did giggle at that line though

He's not just another Georgey Rose.

I just watched a game where his gut concussed another player.

Poor TC, it would have been like having a freight train fall on your head.

Glasby is there to keep the middle tight when the starters are off.

He's a prop he's there to stop everything that comes at him in the middle not just Fifita

I agree that is likely the plan but when was the middle tight in the first half when the starters were on? Fifita was rampaging through them.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Broncorob
  • Broncs1459
  • winslow_wong
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • Ondi
  • azza.79
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.