OFFICIAL Game II Queensland Side

Walters won't confirm that Slater is taking the fullback position.

just saying that they were named in alphabetical order (first time QLD has ever done this) and they would work out where everyone is playing in the next couple of days.

I really hope Slater is on the bench.

We would get the best out of Boyd and Slater that way.

Wallace won't be there and Glasby IMO is not a great selection.

Yeah Wallace will be hard pushed. I'm ok with Glasby. Is a very underrated player that runs hard and is sound in that storm defensive system. Walters just said that is one of the reasons he picked him. He won't get many minutes because of the papalli move which strengthens our middle big time. Kevvy made a point in saying about the 80min factor with Cooper and Gillett so they can rotate the middle more and keep fresh legs. Think it is a smart move

For what it's worth, Bolton would have been my pick as the bench prop but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make a huge difference. It isn't like we're leaving a Steve Price or Petero Civoniceiva out of the team.

No qualms with Cooper. An edge backrow has got to have a good understanding with his half and Cooper has been a big part of the Cowboys success in recent years. Kaufusi can consider himself unlucky, but the only way he would have got a look in was at the expense of Gillett where he could have combined with Cronk.

Don't get the Holmes love. He's a poor man's RTS. Weird. And I thought Thaiday & Oates deserved another go, but as a Broncos fan I'm thrilled.

The selectors got it so wrong with the team they picked in Game 1. I'm not sure they've done any better for game 2 TBH. The Gavin Cooper selection is poor IMO. Felise Kaufusi playing much better footy and ripe for the picking IMO.

I think Cooper got the nod because of his pairing with Thurston

For what it's worth, Bolton would have been my pick as the bench prop but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make a huge difference. It isn't like we're leaving a Steve Price or Petero Civoniceiva out of the team.

No qualms with Cooper. An edge backrow has got to have a good understanding with his half and Cooper has been a big part of the Cowboys success in recent years. Kaufusi can consider himself unlucky, but the only way he would have got a look in was at the expense of Gillett where he could have combined with Cronk.

I like Bolton but for the role that he is going to play I'm not too worried about Glasby. Better leg speed than Bolton and a better defender even though Bolton is clearly the better player. Won't be many minutes for him either way

963.gif

Holmes was massive in the finals last year as a winger. He carries it back hard and makes plenty of metres. As a fullback he hasn't showed much but wing he was huge last year. Him, Bird and Feki got them off to massive headstarts. Runs it straight and hard off kicks.

Just saw Wallace's charge. No way he gets off that one. Especially at the NSWRL judiciary

So it was (according to dumbshit media) the Broncos-aligned selectors faults that Boyd was picked at fullback, is the Oates snubbing now some kind of retribution? There is no logic to dropping him.

I like Bolton but for the role that he is going to play I'm not too worried about Glasby. Better leg speed than Bolton and a better defender even though Bolton is clearly the better player. Won't be many minutes for him either way

Mate, Glasby will be expected to play plenty of minutes with the bench that we are likely to have.

I don't think it's going to make a huge difference, but Bolton has been close to his best form so far this season, while Glasby has been down on form.

So it was (according to dumbshit media) the Broncos-aligned selectors faults that Boyd was picked at fullback, is the Oates snubbing now some kind of retribution? There is no logic to dropping him.

Only logic is to get Slater and Holmes into the backline.

I want Sims to come in for Wallace. He has the mongrel we need to fight the NSWgrubs.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Tim K
  • Bish
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.