Game III Queensland Origin team

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Manly forum

If this story is true Feel sorry for DCE , he doesn't deserve this.

I rate him above smith JT and Cronk in terms of character any given day of the week.

And I thought I was biased.

Well if you were judging on form DCE is playing better than both of them. He's the best half in the comp at the moment, or at least very close to it.

What the hell are Lockyer, Miles and Walters thinking if Hunt gets the nod. This isnt the 2015 Hunt. He just simply doesnt deserve a call up if this is true.

What the hell are Lockyer, Miles and Walters thinking if Hunt gets the nod. This isnt the 2015 Hunt. He just simply doesnt deserve a call up if this is true.

At least it will re-enforce how he sees himself. It means he can get to the Dragons and be the best mediocre halfback they've ever had.

Bennys been more deserving of a gig in the past but right now you'd take DCE and Norman over him.

I'd be interested to hear Kevie's rationale. I'd imagine if Hunt is selected, it's because he's been around the side, has been in the emerging squad for years and they wanted to give somebody new a shot. Hunt is a versatile player and he brings elements to the side (eg. his direct running style) that suits Kevie's game plan.

It seems like a controversial selection for the sake of one. The game won't be decided by who plays as a utility but Hunt's potential selection reminds me of Dylan Walker's in 2016.

Norman over him.

As a bench utility? Never.

Last edited:
PoolPlayerAni.gif

Seriously, which player would ever come out in the media and say they don't like said player. It would never happen

I am not the one who said they did Mitch, you are. I was merely asking you to reference it so I could read it.

Seriously, which player would ever come out in the media and say they don't like said player. It would never happen
So we're happy to accept media speculation on the inner circle of qld and selection policies; however they have no fucking idea how much Bird is on next year.

terrible decision if hunt gets the nod over DCE.

terrible decision if hunt gets the nod over DCE.
Agreed just so many risky decisions going into a decider.

If the courier mail is true we'll have
Morgan in the centers potentially on the left. Has he ever played center in his life?? He doesn't even play on the left and everything about him screams right side player

Munster at 6... has played 13 or so games at 6 in his NRL career. Doesn't seem to have the kicking game to legitimately relieve Cooper

Hunt on the bench. To me he only covers halves and hooker, which we expect to play 80. If there are no injuries I don't understand what his role will be. Remembering in game 2 Morgan played in the middle to relieve moose and then filled in at center. If there is an injury elsewhere they'll need to reshuffle mid game, which seems way too disruptive. His form also pales in comparison to DCE who has also played at origin level before.

I don't think our squad, being that young and inexperienced, can handle having a guy sitting on the pine for the majority of it

I couldn't care less who wins Origin but I am happy for Ben Hunt. He deserves his spot, he has been plagued by inconsistency at times but most halves are afflicted with this trait. He is very experienced, durable and has a bit of X factor which could be the difference in Game 3. Congrats Benny.

So we're happy to accept media speculation on the inner circle of qld and selection policies; however they have no fucking idea how much Bird is on next year.
When they give you 4 different amounts of Birds contract, I think it is safe to say they have NFI

Hunt and Munster in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.