Cricket General Cricket Discussion - 2020/21

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Apparently the selectors have suggested they will pick a squad of 17 and did I read somewhere Hazlewood is injured? I'll assume he isn't anyway and I reckon the squad will be something like:

1. Warner
2. Pucovski
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Green
7. Wade (back up keeper)
8. Harris/S.Marsh

9. Paine

10. Cummns
11. Hazlewood
12. Starc
13. Pattinson
14. Neser
15. Abbott

16. Lyon
17. Swepson

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Man, anyone see Larkin just get out? Poor guy, that is one of the weirdest dismissals I've ever seen.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
How amazing is it to have a gun genuine all rounder who is a great bat coming through in Green and a gun bowling all rounder coming through in Sutherland! I love watching Sutherland bowl, reminds me so much of McGrath / Hazlewood, he is always at the batsman.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
At what point does Inglis start to threaten Paine's place in the Aussie team? Two big tons in the Shield this year.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
At what point does Inglis start to threaten Paine's place in the Aussie team? Two big tons in the Shield this year.

Two tons and a 50, I've been extremely impressed with him. I think he's surpassed Carey in the pecking order, he'd have to be 2nd in line behind Paine now for the Test keeper spot, assuming Wade is done keeping.

Kinda hoping that Paine retires after this Summer tbh, I love the bloke, but his batting really isn't up to par.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Abbott is putting together an excellent season too, shame he is being overshadowed somewhat by the seasons Neser, Green, Pucovski, Swepson are having.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Thoughts on this side for the Ashes next year? Sproj Sproj

1. Warner
2. Pucovski
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith (c)
5. Head (vc)
6. Green
7. Inglis (wk)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood / J.Richardson
11. Lyon / Swepson

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Thoughts on this side for the Ashes next year? Sproj Sproj

1. Warner
2. Pucovski
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith (c)
5. Head (vc)
6. Green
7. Inglis (wk)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood / J.Richardson
11. Lyon / Swepson

Yep love it and I reckon if there aren't injuries, that is odds on to be the side. I'd think though Cummins will be VC.

Fernando

NRL Player
Bris
How amazing is it to have a gun genuine all rounder who is a great bat coming through in Green and a gun bowling all rounder coming through in Sutherland! I love watching Sutherland bowl, reminds me so much of McGrath / Hazlewood, he is always at the batsman.
Yeah, pretty cool to have Cummins/Starc/Hazlewood and then throw the ball to the 205cm 4th pacer and Lyon.

Fernando

NRL Player
Bris
We have some depth too

1. Burns
  2. Harris
  3. Patterson
  4. Wade
  5. Handscomb
  6. Renshaw
  7. Carey
  8. Neser/Abbott
  9. Pattinson
  10. Richardson
  11. Swepson

The True King

QCup Player
Interesting point on Paine stepping aside after this summer. I am personally in the camp that he needs to go but I think there will be plenty that call for him to stay.

However, I think the better question is has enough water gone under the bridge for Steve Smith to regain the test captaincy?

I think it'll be one of the big media talking points in coming months.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Interesting point on Paine stepping aside after this summer. I am personally in the camp that he needs to go but I think there will be plenty that call for him to stay.

However, I think the better question is has enough water gone under the bridge for Steve Smith to regain the test captaincy?

I think he's already regained the trust of the public and more importantly the playing group, another Summer of quality performances and he'll have to be the favourite to take over from Paine.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff

I think it is ok, he's already captaining in 20/20 tournaments here and there, so yeah, why not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.