Cricket General Cricket Discussion - 2020/21

The True King

QCup Player
I think it is ok, he's already captaining in 20/20 tournaments here and there, so yeah, why not.
I would have no issue with it. I don't think he should have been stripped of it in the first place.

I do however think there will be a vocal few in the media that oppose him being reinstated and CA might not be prepared to put themselves in the firing line.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
I would have no issue with it. I don't think he should have been stripped of it in the first place.

I do however think there will be a vocal few in the media that oppose him being reinstated and CA might not be prepared to put themselves in the firing line.

But what other options are there?

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
I just happened to stumble upon a documentary about Muttiah Muralitharan, very good watch. One of the nicest guys in cricket imo.

I hate that there's always comparisons to him and Warne when talking about the best spin bowler ever, I think they're both at the top. The best off-spinner ever & the best leg-spinner ever. Warne had 92 fewer wickets, but also bowled 3,300 fewer balls and had an elite bowling attack around him taking far more wickets than Murali's supporting cast.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
I just happened to stumble upon a documentary about Muttiah Muralitharan, very good watch. One of the nicest guys in cricket imo.

I hate that there's always comparisons to him and Warne when talking about the best spin bowler ever, I think they're both at the top. The best off-spinner ever & the best leg-spinner ever. Warne had 92 fewer wickets, but also bowled 3,300 fewer balls and had an elite bowling attack around him taking far more wickets than Murali's supporting cast.

In defense of Murali, it also meant batsmen were also less likely to take risks against him. I feel privileged to have seen both.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.